Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Iron Chef

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Do the chefs know the secret ingrediant beforehand? They must give them at least an idea so they can request certian food items. Not only the planning the menu but how do they get all those ingrediants... they'd have to have everything possible. So often they use such weird and exotic foods and I just don't believe that they just so happened to have all that stuff they use without it being requested.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I've no idea - but after reading this I did find a couple of episodes to watch - christ this is a great show, well at least the Japanese version :)
  • Options
    Ahh, I assumed it being all international it might be on or popular over there too. I agree, though. The Japanese is definatly the one to watch. Not sure if there are other versions other than Iron Chef America, but it just cannot compare to the real one.
  • Options
    After watching more than a normal amount of shows on youtube over the weekend and bank holiday then I'd have to conclude -

* they know the ingredient or have been shown a possible list of ingredients it could be - the speed in working with even the oddest food seems to suggest the surprise is a little faked

* the comments made about 'earlier I asked what they thought of x' seem to suggest they've been interviewed prior to the show about possible ingredients

* they clearly have access to massive stocks of other food - when the battle is over 'milk' it says a lot that they then pull out quails eggs, caviar, bacon, steak, crab, lobster, chicken, coconut milk, snails eggs, every fruit and veg you could imagine and every fresh bloody herb to make the food with
  • Options
    I started watching then saw that they may have cut the head off a live turtle ... that made me sad. :( So I didnt watch any more ...
  • Options
    Yeah, great show, but if you're squemish I wouldn't recommened any of the 'big food' items - watching what they do to live giant lobster was pretty full on...
  • Options
    "An Iron Chef America video game, titled Iron Chef America: Supreme Cuisine, is currently being developed for the Wii and Nintendo DS by Black Lantern Studios. It will be published by Destineer. The game will feature "a series of fast-paced and intense culinary challenges" and include the likeness of Mark Dacascos.

It is expected to be released in the second quarter of 2008."

Eeek! :shocking:
  • Options
    That surely has to be the first cookery show to computer game cross over! I'm really curious about it now.