Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

A site about crap callcentres

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A mate and I have set up a website for people to report their negative experiences with callcentres and I'm hoping some of you guys will help it take off. For too long people have had to put up with awful service from some callcentres - sometimes it's the fault of the person on the phone who turned up for work in a bad mood, other times its red red tape from the company hierachy. Whatever the situation, we're hoping you will help expose the bad service that some companies provide.

It's not just a bitch site, we're hoping companies will take notice and eventually realise that their customers won't just give up when it comes to complaints anymore.

Apologies to the mods here if this isn't permitted however I feel it genuinely has something to offer thesite.org's members.

www.crapcallcentres.co.uk

Comments

• Options
    I only get pissed off when customers call up to ask stupid questions. I worked for an energy company.

I had one woman ring because the electric windows in her car weren't working. Ffs love, your electric windows on your car aren't down to us :banghead:
  • Options
    Do callcentres come in any varieties other than crap?
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    I only get pissed off when customers call up to ask stupid questions. I worked for an energy company.

I had one woman ring because the electric windows in her car weren't working. Ffs love, your electric windows on your car aren't down to us :banghead:

lol

I might sign up, I had a particularly horrible experience with o2.

But then again, I probably won't, complaining always makes me feel nasty. I feel all negative cos of a thread in P&D (as moaning does make you feel) so want to concentrate on the positive.

Wooo I have an internship :D
  • Options
    Aw go on, you know you want to!
  • Options
    Virgin are AWFUL. I shall post in a bit
  • Options
    Haa I love the 'thank you please' forum
  • Options
    I work in a call centre and i'm often in a bad mood, you should try talking to some of these people, sometimes i have to finish their sentences they're that slow and dumb.

First of all have you ever worked in a call centre? it's horrible.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I work in a call centre and i'm often in a bad mood, you should try talking to some of these people, sometimes i have to finish their sentences they're that slow and dumb.

First of all have you ever worked in a call centre? it's horrible.

Tell me about it.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Verizon Maths - worth spending the time to listen to this. I'd liek to think this wouldn't happen in Britain.
    http://media.putfile.com/Verizon-Bad-Math

Dell Support - Laptop won't urn off. :lol:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNPzgPhHeWQ&NR=1

Cancelling an AOL account
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=xmpDSBAh6RY

Angry BT Customer
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=Yj2oXMdZ4sk&feature=related
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Honestly I'm not suprised if every now and again a call centre agent cracks and has a bad call. After all they have to deal day in day out with moronic idiots ringing up for all sorts of shit, which often times directly contradicts their pressures to deal with all the calls in a certain time frame. All that and you quite often get poor pay, and live under the constant threat of your job going off to India.
  • Options
    i work in a callcentre and you do get good and bad agents

unfortunately we are a technical support centre mostly so theres a 50% chance that the customer is going to be less willing to accept instructions if they're annoyed that their internet doesn't work!

i've only had good experiences with virgin (not biased at all i promise :p)
  • Options
    If its red tape in the company, its a bit stupid taking it out on the person your talking to.
  • Options
    I have a serious problem with male Indian accents for some reason. Piss me right off. This makes me a bad person, I know.

*phone rings*
    "Hello?"
    "Hello-sir-my-name-is-Jonathan-and-I-am-calling-from-ePower-Ltd"
    "YER NAME'S NOT FOOKIN JONATHAN IS IT YOU DAFT FUCKIN CUNT ITS JAYARENDRARAJARAN OR SUM SHITE INNIT"
    "I-am-just-calling-to-ask-who-your-electricity-supplier-is"
    "NONE OF YER FOOKING BUSINESS IS IT"
    "...but-sir-I-am-just-calling-to-ask-who-your-electricity-supplier-is"
    ... :banghead:
  • Options
    Wow - thanks for that - nice example of why it can be horrible to work at a call centre and nice racism there in the assumption about what someone's name is.

Many more like that and I don't think this thread will stay open.
  • Options
    it really annoys me when i answer a call and they moan about speaking to people with an indian accent before me

just cos they have an accent doesn't mean they can't do their job or that the ydon't know what they are doing
  • Options
    Jim V wrote: »
    Wow - thanks for that - nice example of why it can be horrible to work at a call centre and nice racism there in the assumption about what someone's name is.

Yeah, purely coincidental that every Indian who calls (from an Indian call centre) has the name 'Jonathan' or 'Derek'? Its a known trick they use a fake English name.

And, I don't give a fuck. How dare someone ring me up at home in my limited free time, get me out of bed to the other side of the flat, fuck knows how they got my details, cold-calling about wanting to change my gas / electricity / phone / broadband / etc, and when you say not interested they can adopt aggressive tactics basically saying you're stupid for paying £2/mth more? Fuck them all.
  • Options
    If your forum takes off, it'll not be long before every call centre that exists will have been bitched about. Any call centre I have ever called I could bitch about all day long, I'm presuming everyone elses experiences have been the same.

Also because a lot of people unknowingly vent their anger when calling, giving them a bad representation of the way the call centre really operates (makes sense?:confused: )
  • Options
    tinkler wrote: »
    I have a serious problem with male Indian accents for some reason. Piss me right off. This makes me a bad person, I know.

*phone rings*
    "Hello?"
    "YER NAME'S NOT FOOKIN JONATHAN IS IT YOU DAFT FUCKIN CUNT ITS JAYARENDRARAJARAN OR SUM SHITE INNIT"

A better and politer way is to say you're not interested then hang up. It takes a fraction of the time, the person on the other end gets the message, and when you write about what you've said you don't look so stupid.
  • Options
    And, I don't give a fuck. How dare someone ring me up at home in my limited free time, get me out of bed to the other side of the flat, fuck knows how they got my details, cold-calling about wanting to change my gas / electricity / phone / broadband / etc, and when you say not interested they can adopt aggressive tactics basically saying you're stupid for paying £2/mth more? Fuck them all.

Telephone prefernce service and a answerphone stopped most of those calls for me. If you dont like it, take steps to reduce it happening.
  • Options
    Telephone prefernce service and a answerphone stopped most of those calls for me. If you dont like it, take steps to reduce it happening.
    I've now taken my phone out of its socket, lol. Ridiculous I can't have broadband with BT without paying £12/mth for a phoneline I never use (get free mobile with work + can't get Virgin/cable here).
  • Options

*phone rings*
    "Hello?"
    Jesus, and you feel guilty for doing nothing on a weekend?

Better save your guilt for being a racist prick tbh.
  • Options
    bluewisdom wrote: »
    Better save your guilt for being a racist prick tbh.
    Hmm... the only people in the world I have a problem with are Indian men (the ones from India with Indian accents, not British-born). I lurrrve Indian girls however, who can be very sexy, elegant, and Indian accents can work nicely with girls. With Indian guys the accent just seems annoying.. add to that all my experience of them in the workplace has been negative (types really out for themselves who'll do anything to grass you up and try to fuck over your career so they can get ahead), coupled with annoying "Jonathan" and "Derek" call centre people ringing me up, and there explains my prejudice. I don't care tbh, given my respect and of all other races/religions/cultures, probably most people on this site are more "racist" than me they just don't admit to it.
  • Options
    Well regardless of what you think people are like - people are judged by what they post and nothing else. So as a friendly reminder I'd point out that racism isn't permitted here - whether or not you care about racism - we do.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    probably most people on this site are more "racist" than me they just don't admit to it.

Even if there are, at least they have the sense not to run there mouth off about it.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Most people who don't get their own way over the phone (usually cause they never bothered reading their terms and conditions) usually can't tell the difference between that and the company being "crap".

A large part of my job now is knowing the complaints procedure inside and out i.e what the regulator does. Complaints can go a few different ways, but at the end of the day if the customer isn't happy with the companies complaint resolution then they can take their business elsewhere.

No offence, but no amount of pointless websites are going to make a blind bit of difference.
  • Options
    I think sales and customer support get hammered more than other parts of call centres. I work in tech support, and we don't generally get as much shouting and screaming.

Again with the T+C, we sometimes get customers complaining about losing revenue at their home business due to having no internet connection - even though the T+C states you cannot use the home broadband service for business purposes.
  • Options
    I think a website about crap call centre customers would be more entertaining. When I worked in a call centre I was regularly called a cunt. Strangely enough it didn't make me help them.

I'm an absolute twat whenever nPower ring me though, mostly because they're ringing me up illegally to pressurise me about a debt I don't owe. Still proud of making one of the fuckers who rang me up at work cry; I was dead polite but told him he'd committed a criminal offence (which he sort of had) and that I would be pressing charges against him :D
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    I think a website about crap call centre customers would be more entertaining. When I worked in a call centre I was regularly called a cunt. Strangely enough it didn't make me help them.

I'm an absolute twat whenever nPower ring me though, mostly because they're ringing me up illegally to pressurise me about a debt I don't owe. Still proud of making one of the fuckers who rang me up at work cry; I was dead polite but told him he'd committed a criminal offence (which he sort of had) and that I would be pressing charges against him :D
    Working in a call centre definitely educates you about how to deal with call centres. It's easier to get around red tape if you know the right things to say.