Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Eating healthy...losing weight

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi

I am trying to lose around half a stone or maybe more, as i am towards the upper end of the scale with my BMI.
Now i usually try it and give up after not seeing changes after a couple of weeks, so i have tried very hard to stick this one out.
It has been over 6 weeks now and i still havent lost any weight. I have cut my calorie consumption down, i am eating salads instead of pasta or sandwiches for my dinner and i have cut my portion sizes down for my tea. For snacks i am eating fruit! I have bought myself a step counter and i have been doing around 10,000 a day, which means i am moving around a hell of alot more than i used to.
But im still not seeing any results...no wonder i always give up on these things! Why cant i lose weight when everyone around me finds it so easy!?!

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Please post an average day's food consumption
  • Options
    just cutting calories can actually slow your metabolism and your body will store more energy as fat if it thinks it's being starved, so ideally you should eat smaller portions more regularly and exercise more to boost your metabolism. highly intensive interval training works a treat, check out www.bodyforlife.com ....
  • Options
    Also, do check in with your GP. Not being able to lose weight led to my diagnosis with PCOS so there might be something going there.
  • Options
    I would have expected you to have lost at least a pound in 6 weeks. You sure your scale isn't dodgy? I'm not being flippant. It happens.
  • Options
    piccolo wrote: »
    Also, do check in with your GP. Not being able to lose weight led to my diagnosis with PCOS so there might be something going there.

Yeah that's what I was thinking too. It could be a sign of an number of underlying health problems, thyroid function, PCOS or something else. It definately sounds worth having a chat with your GP about.
  • Options
    g_angel wrote: »
    Please post an average day's food consumption

Breakfast:- cereal with skimmed milk

Snack:- Piece of fruit (either banana, plum or pineapple)

Lunch:- Salad (lettuce, tomatoes and onions) with prawn or tuna with low fat dip

Snack:- Low fat choc mousse or piece of fruit

Dinner:- Either spag bolognaise with small portion of spahetti, chilli with small portion of rice, salmon with jacket potato and salad or veg

If in a sweet mood a low fat choc mousse for desert

I also drink only water throughout the day.

Any ideas where i'm going wrong?