Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Thinking of Trying MDMA

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Can anyone help me. I am thinking of trying some e but need some advise. Should I go for pills or pure MDMA?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    the only advice i would give is forget it that one go could kill you
    anone wrote: »

Shut the fuck up.

To the OP - if you want a better experience, as in purer, go for the powder. Take it in small amounts. I tend to get a bit on the end of my finger. Just dabbing.
    This is a charity run website, not the place to be asking how to find drugs in a specific location.
    I've edited your post - as purplebutterfly mentioned we do follow a pretty strict set of rules of what people can and can't ask for advice on

This forum is here so peers can provide advice and information on the use of drugs but it can't be here to ask where to buy drugs from - more for information on the safe use of drugs.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit

That's not helpful in the slightest.

If your sure what your getting is legit then MDMA would be you're best bet. Splitting a gram 10-12 ways before doing any would be my advice and make them into little bombs. These are decent sized doses and you really should be using any more than a couple a night if you ra first time user

Whether you take pills or MDMA be patient, don't go knecking more after 30 minutes just because you don't feel anything - it can catch up with you and it's always better to do too little than too much.

A quiet setting with a few other people is good stituation to be taking them in first time.

Be cafeful and have fun.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote: »
    That's not helpful in the slightest.

If your sure what your getting is legit then MDMA would be you're best bet. Splitting a gram 10-12 ways before doing any would be my advice and make them into little bombs. These are decent sized doses and you really should be using any more than a couple a night if you ra first time user

Whether you take pills or MDMA be patient, don't go knecking more after 30 minutes just because you don't feel anything - it can catch up with you and it's always better to do too little than too much.

A quiet setting with a few other people is good stituation to be taking them in first time.

Be cafeful and have fun.

how can it be legit its an illegal drug and your gambling with your life
    i'll tell you why i give this advice out when i was younger i used to blow my brains in most weekends on thett and i tell you now you will suffer in later life stomach ulcers the D/T'S and a whole load of other shit that happens to you like kidneys liver aches and pains take it from me it screws you up i am only 45 and i feel like 80

end of rant i am no longer going to say any more on this subject
    its you life it you want to spoil it go ahead
    but be aware i am speaking
    from experience
    In safety terms MDMA would probably be better as it is purer than pills (most of the time). Either SHOULDNT be too damaging, just take it very slowly, have a small amount to start with and build yourself up and avoid mixing with other drugs and alcohol. consume about .5-1 pint of water an hour, just have a wee sip when ur thirsty basically, dont go chugging it away.
    anone is technically right, one dose can kill you, although deaths are incredibly unlikely from a small dose.

As for reducing the risks while using, the most important thing is to know what you are using, buy from someone you trust and use with someone who has done it before.

www.bluelight.nu has an excellent FAQ about MDMA which has loads and loads of information.

Shouting in red writing makes you look like a tit. Calm down.

Legit doesn't mean legal? :confused:

And whilst ecstasy could cause death it very rarely does. There are plenty more accepted legal activities that carry a hgigher risk of death.

It won't automatically screw up your life as you claim, and many people here are also talking from experience.
    Weekender Offender 
    Anone: there is no shortage of people in the world advising against the use of drugs. That isn't the point of this site.

Pure MDMA is more likely to be a good experience than pills. Just be careful with the dose, start small, and test your stuff if possible.

Classic response from someone that knows fuck all about drugs.

Drugs, like anything, to be understood and appreciated correctly must be used in moderation. Chocolate is fine in small doses, but eat too much and it's going to become a health risk. Hell, fruit is good for you, but if you have to much you get diarrhoea.

For your first time, I highly recommend MDMA, as in its pure powder form it is indeed that, pure. In order for pills to be bonded into pill form, they're usually mixed with other filler substances and you don't want to ruin your first experience of ecstasy by having pills that contain coke, speed or ketamine.

The real deal about MDMA is that it triggers the brain to release large amounts of serotonin, the chemical that is moderately released in your brain naturally to make you feel happy and to help you bond with others. The only issue with MDMA / ecstasy is that when it makes your brain release large amounts of serotonin, it temporarily damages the serotonin receptors as they're overloaded.

These receptors take 6-8 weeks to fully heal, and if you are to use ecstasy again before they're properly healed, you run the risk of permanently damaging them, which could affect your brains ability to regulate the chemical naturally later in life.

All you need to do if you are worried, and it's been mentioned above, be in tune with your body and prepare yourself. Do it with a small group of close friends, preferably in a comfortable environment, eat well during the day before the night you use the drug, and drink water moderately through the evening whilst on the drug.

Use MDMA and not pills, split a gram of it into 8ths and wrap each 8th up in a rizla bomb (so that it looks like a banger). For your first time, depending on your tolerance, don't exceed 2 or 3 bombs.

MDMA can be a truly fantastic experience when taken responsibly and not abused. Hope this has been helpful, have a good time!!
    yes and someone go's out takes your advice and they end up dead or in hospital what then and and for your info i did drugs in the 80s and it fucked me up OK i just don't want to see other people doing the same and the only way to do that is to tell them not to do them have you lost people close to you from drugs .i don't thinks so other wise you wouldn't have the irresponsible attitude you have now
    yes and someone go's out takes your advice and they end up dead or in hospital what then and and for your info i did drugs in the 80s and it fucked me up OK i just don't want to see other people doing the same and the only way to do that is to tell them not to do them have you lost people close to you from drugs .i don't thinks so other wise you wouldn't have the irresponsible attitude you have now

Try some punctuation.
    i no longer going to post on this site as i think it is immoral to offer this type of advice it is only condoning drug use

there are good people and bad people
    to all the good ones thanks its been good
    and to all the bad ones well i am lost for words

good bye and farewell my friends

from anone:wave:
    i no longer going to post on this site as i think it is immoral to offer this type of advice it is only condoning drug use

there are good people and bad people
    to all the good ones thanks its been good
    and to all the bad ones well i am lost for words

good bye and farewell my friends

from anone:wave:

YAY!

p.s. I'm not your friend. Never was and never will be.
    get a life

i now want deleting from this forum like i say good and bad deep and shallow

http://ecstasy.org/books/e4x/e4x.ch.06.html
    The Leah Betts story
    http://ecstasy.org/info/dangers.html

now good bye
    Aw! You just couldn't stay away .... :impissed:
    If you are wanting to try it. I'd fully recommend MDMA over jack n jills. Especially in todays horrible pill market.
    dunlop101 wrote: »
    The only issue with MDMA / ecstasy is that when it makes your brain release large amounts of serotonin, it temporarily damages the serotonin receptors as they're overloaded.

These receptors take 6-8 weeks to fully heal, and if you are to use ecstasy again before they're properly healed, you run the risk of permanently damaging them, which could affect your brains ability to regulate the chemical naturally later in life.

The rest of your advice was good, but this just plain isnt right.

Damage to the receptors does not seem to regrow or repair after time, and damage isnt a given response, its largely to do with the length of the high, heat and other stimulants.

We also have to consider what neuron damage actually means. Does it mean that there will be an increase in depressed people? Frankly the data doesnt support that, the damage does seem to be long term but what that actually means for the user is very much up in the air.
    Good.
    budda wrote: »
    Damage to the receptors does not seem to regrow or repair after time,

There are studies which suggest they do.
    Weekender Offender 
    There are studies which suggest they do.

Some have, but the majority suggest that if there is any regrowth it's slight. But the damage doesnt seem to increase the users risk of depression.
    budda wrote: »
    Some have, but the majority suggest that if there is any regrowth it's slight. But the damage doesnt seem to increase the users risk of depression.

Got any links for any good studies? Would like to brush up on the current thinking.
    Weekender Offender 
    Got any links for any good studies? Would like to brush up on the current thinking.

There is a good one in the research thread which compares MDMA and other drug users with just people who use other drugs. The depression indexing of both is virtually the same, which suggests its drug use, and not specifically MDMA which could cause higher depression scores.

I'll see if I can dig up a few more, to be honest its been a while since I've done some research myself.
    keep in mind people can easily sell crushed pills as MDMA
    cavorting wrote: »
    keep in mind people can easily sell crushed pills as MDMA
    Crushed pills look nothing like MDMA. They will be white or coloured, and a powder would be fluffy and soft. MDMA will be an off-white to brown crystalline substance, which is often found as a course, sugar-like consistency or in bigger lumps (like small brown stones or lumps of salt).

ecstasy.jpg
    800px-MDMA_crystals.JPG

It would be very difficult to mistake a crushed-up pill for MDMA crystals. Not to mention if anyone sold pills as MDMA, they wouldn't be in business for very long.
    Crushed pills look nothing like MDMA. They will be white or coloured, and a powder would be fluffy and soft. MDMA will be an off-white to brown crystalline substance, which is often found as a course, sugar-like consistency or in bigger lumps (like small brown stones or lumps of salt).

It would be very difficult to mistake a crushed-up pill for MDMA crystals. Not to mention if anyone sold pills as MDMA, they wouldn't be in business for very long.

tryed and tested, worth keeping in mind. if i were to nit pick i could say all your post is bullshit, but im not here for that. mdma can be white, pink or fucking rainbow coloured for all we know... or not at the same time
    tryed and tested, worth keeping in mind. if i were to nit pick i could say all your post is bullshit, but im not here for that. mdma can be white, pink or fucking rainbow coloured for all we know... or not at the same time

Errr... I would actually agree with Wooooooooah. MDMA 'powder' is a much different texture to crushed up pills. Pills crush up to a very, very fine powder. Colour, well, I have only ever seen MDMA grey-ish/slightly brown/off-white.

MDMA is almost always off-white or browny crystalline substance when anyone i know has got hold of it.

And pills do crush down to something that looks more smooth and chalky type powder rather than grainy/granuley type bits.