Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Another Wax Question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I know this has been asked about a lot but I did a search and I couldn't find quite what I was looking for!

Basically Im thinking about getting a brazilian, and I was just wondering how does the pain compare to a normal bikini wax. I regularly get waxed and the pain doesnt bother me, will it be a lot worse with a brazilian?

Also Ive read that you can keep your underwear on, is this right?

Comments

• Options
    take your undies off, they're going to see it all anyways and the pain isn't much worse
  • Options
    All a brazilian entails is taking off a bit more hair than usual. It's the same thing they're doing, so it's the same amount of pain, just a bit further in and a bit further back.

I often get the giggles when they put the wax on; tickles a bit, but I wouldn't say it hurts more.

Keeping your knickers on usually depends on where you go to have it done. The place I go, you keep your knickers on and just hook your fingers into the leg-hole and pull up toward you; lets them see what they're doing without spreading your ladyparts, and to do the back they just get you to pull your knee up toward your shoulder - none of this 'down on all fours' business. Other places might get you to whip it all off and open up, but I don't think it's necessary.
  • Options
    I've never had a normal bikini wax but I've had a brazilian so I can't compare it that way. However, I'd imagine you need to do a normal bikini wax as part of the brazilian since they are taking most of it off anyway. It can be pretty painful but it depends on where you go. If the therapist is really quick and knows what they are doing it is less painful. I'd also recommend that you take some painkiller about an hour or so before you go in as that helps.

As for underwear on/off, I've had both depending on the salon. Some places give you paper underwear to put on and just pull it aside. It's not the most dignified experience anyway so I think you just have to go for it. :thumb: