Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Eczema?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I think I might have a touch of eczema... At the moment I've got this patch on my eye-lid... it's a tiny bit swollen and red looking - stings a bit if I touch it but its not particulally itchy.
Today when I got up it looked all flaky too, but now I've put some E45 on it its looking a little better.

Does it sound like eczema?

I've had it before (usually seems to happen when I'm stressed) and it's come and gone on its own with a little help from moisturising... Once I got it underneath both eyes and it looked hidious but didn't last too long. And sometimes my knuckles on my hands go very dry and crack up, but then they'll be fine for ages again.

Do you think I need to see the doctor about it, or as it seems to go by itself eventually, should I just keep up with the moisturising and not worry about it?

Comments

• Options
    I'd say its either eczema or impetigo.

So i'd be careful to keep your hands clean and not to touch it unless you are putting cream on.
  • Options
    Don't think it's impetigo... Just had a look at some websites and it doesn't sound like what this thing on my eye looks like.

Maybe I should go see my doc.
  • Options
    It does sound like eczema... If it's painful/annoying, a doc may be able to prescribe something, although using E45 is usually what is suggested.

I have had very bad eczema in the past, and get it very bad when i am very stressed (like now, with a large patch on my ankle).
    What makes it worse is scratching it, as you probs know. xx
  • Options
    Yeah. Going to keep using the E45 and see if it looks like its getting better. Might make an appointment for the doctors on Friday if it's still looking raw. Least its stopped looking flakey now.