Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Let's give them something to talk about...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Quick synopsis of a long story. There's I guy who I'm friends with and quite like. We were texting last night, and I was with some (girl) friends catching up on news etc. His reply to my text saying we were gossiping was gossip is good, then my lovely friends managed to text him (accidently) 'let's give them something to talk about'. His reply was 'when?'.

Conversation then went round in circles for a bit before we arranged to meet up this afternoon. Now, I know he was drunk last night, but I don't know what to make of the situation....

Comments

• Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Just meet up with him this afternoon and just act casually.

If he was drunk, you are best waiting to see if he mentions anything about texting you. If he doesnt and you are feeling brave then perhaps casually say, "so...what shall we do to cause gossip then?" or something similar.

But just be wary hun, you may end up just being a bit of fun and I dont want you to get hurt

x
  • Options
    That was roughly what I was thinking. Friends I was with last night thought he was definitely keen, whereas I'd put it more into the banter category, at least for the time being.
  • Options
    That was roughly what I was thinking. Friends I was with last night thought he was definitely keen, whereas I'd put it more into the banter category, at least for the time being.

Are you meeting him today still?
  • Options
    Was going to.

It's a pretty casual arrangement, we're both in town for stuff so meeting him in the department after. He's a mate and a catch up is always good.
  • Options
    yeah well plod off and see what happens hun.

Dont dismiss it completely, just have your wits about you :)
  • Options
    good luck
  • Options
    There's an easy way out of everything....

Had been going to meet in the dept then find some sunshine. It's pissed it down most of today and his class over ran massively so missed each other completely!
  • Options
    oh :(

Are you sad about that?
  • Options
    Hmmmm. Not really sure. Half of me was terrified before hand....

In a way think I'm relieved. Think the better plan is to continue as mates and see how things go from there, rather than trying to orchestrate something.
  • Options
    Bit of a bump and an update.

He kind of invited himself round for dinner last week and ended up staying over (although not that much happened), think we are now both clear that there's a little bit more than a standard friendship although not sure where it's going yet....