Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Cocktail/prom dress

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My prom is not until july but I want to start thinking about my dress. The dress code is cocktail/short prom dresses. I'm really pale so I can't wear the normal black and I have ginger hair (though it may be dyed dark red by the prom) so I'm having trouble finding dresses in colours that I could get away with - mainly earthy colours like green, brown and maybe gold. Can anyone help me?

Comments

• Options
    1) What's your price range?

2) Are we going long or short or either?

I found THE most gorgeous purple dress on the Karen Millen website which I NEED and I think it might look quite good on you but it's quite short (well, knee length) and £120.
  • Options
    I'm not sure on price range, I'm willing to pay more for a dress that I can wear again to various occasions. It's got to be knee length. I love Karen Millen!
  • Options
    dont normally like it but jane norman have some lovely dresses in atm - i got a short prom type one for £50, black with a pink ribbon. There's a nice cream one with a big black belt too.
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »

Oh my that's stunning! Purple is another colour I can handle, I'll still shop around but I am very tempted! Thank you!
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    Oh my that's stunning! Purple is another colour I can handle, I'll still shop around but I am very tempted! Thank you!
    Isn't it?! I NEED it. Thankfully I can use the "it's for Rich's friend's birthday and his other friend's wedding" excuse for the price tag and the £70 shoes that need to go with it ;o.

I think it would reeeeeeally go with your skin tone and hair colour, even if you dye it darker.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    I think you would suit navy blue. I dont have any dress suggestions though.

Have you tried debenhams? They always have lovely stuff in their Debut range. You should also try Monsoon

I would also recommend you steer away from Gold. From one pale girlie to another, it will wash you right out - not a good look!!
  • Options
  • Options
    Coast is good too, I got my wedding dress from there :)
  • Options
    i haven't looked there lately but west one has some lovely dresses in:D
    also jane norman ones i find everyone has their stuff - thats only bad if you dont mind others having same as you..
    if your good at sewing etc.. you could make one youself?
    (this is something i am hoping to do for my birthday make me a hot outfit that i know no one will have.. but must learn to use sewing machine 1st hahaha)
  • Options
    that karen millen dress is gorgeous..i may need that one too!