Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

ansiolythic disasters

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey, i have some kind of anxiety disorder and started taking an anxiolytic named victan, wich calms me down e makes a whole lot less depressed, but it makes me extremely tired and i'm always sleeping.

does anyone know of any anxiolytic that doesn't have that horrible side effect?

i'll have to stop taking this one, i'm always exhausted :impissed:

Comments

• Options
    geez, what country are you in??? south america?
    victan is a brand of ethyl loflazepate. We dont have that in the UK and there is very limited info on the internet that isnt in spanish.
    It is a benzodiazepine derivative so it is similar to diazepam(Valium).
    An anxiolytic will calm you down and therefore its highly likely to make you sleepy. You need to try get a balance between the two extremes. There are other drugs that have a slower onset of action or are generally milder but you need to discuss it with your doctor.
  • Options
    Sikorah wrote: »
    geez, what country are you in??? south america?
    victan is a brand of ethyl loflazepate. We dont have that in the UK and there is very limited info on the internet that isnt in spanish.
    It is a benzodiazepine derivative so it is similar to diazepam(Valium).
    An anxiolytic will calm you down and therefore its highly likely to make you sleepy. You need to try get a balance between the two extremes. There are other drugs that have a slower onset of action or are generally milder but you need to discuss it with your doctor.

i'm from portugal. i'm going to the doctor tomorrow and i'll discuss it with her. i'll let you know what he says :yes:
  • Options
    someone was supposed to wake me up and she didn't :banghead: i'll have to wait another week to go to the doctor :impissed: