Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Local Election Results

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is it just me, or is it impossible to find the results for local elections online? You can get the overall seats for the council, but I can't seem to find the breakdowns for the individual wards anywhere....

Comments

• Options
    Is it just me, or is it impossible to find the results for local elections online? You can get the overall seats for the council, but I can't seem to find the breakdowns for the individual wards anywhere....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/hi/elections/local_council/08/html/region_99999.stm

That gives quite a lot of detail.
  • Options
    No, that's my point. All it gives you is the overall seats for the council.

It's almost like it's only the overall figures that matter, and no one gives a damn who their councillor is.... :rolleyes:

I know that the above is the case for most, but what use is your councillor if you can't even find out who they are....
  • Options
    Wait a few days then go on your councils website, they will probably have a list.
  • Options
    Have you tried your local newspaper's website? The results of our local elections are on there with how many votes each got etc.
  • Options
    i just want to hear whether the man, the myth, the legend, Boris Johnson won the mayoral election of London!
  • Options
    the twat you mean....
  • Options
    the twat you mean....

wow... such a witty comment!