Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

possesivness and jealousy

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok so i'm not sure if it is that.
i've been with my fella for 9 months and everyhting is great we are perfect together, we never really argue as we always compromise and always consider each other.
I trust him with my life and i know he'd never do anything to hurt me as we've both gone through similar experiences of being fucked over by exes and cheated on.
Yet whenever i see pics of him out at uni with his arm round another girl posing for pics it really gets to me and i hate seeing it, i feel like hes mine and he shouldn't be doing that even though i know theres nothing in it at all.
So why do i feel so annoyed when i see the pics?

Comments

• Options
    Some people are just naturally that way and ofcourse your past exerpiences will probably make you a bit paranoid. Just trust him till you have a reason not to.
  • Options
    Nah it's understandable. But he seems like a pretty trusting guy, I wouldn't worry too much.
  • Options
    TashJTashJ Posts: 79 Budding Regular
    I think it's pretty natural to get an occasional feelings of jealousy when you see your boyfriend in pictures with other girls. And in some ways, mild jealousy can be a positive thing - serving as a reminder you of how special your own relationship with him is.

I guess the important thing is to try and not let the jealousy get out of hand. It sounds like you've got a great relationship, and you trust your partner not to cheat. So instead of focusing on the girls in the pictures, you could perhaps distract yourself by focusing on building your relationship - and making sure that you have plenty of great memories (and photos!) of your own.

Take care,
    Tash
  • Options
    TashJ wrote: »
    I think it's pretty natural to get an occasional feelings of jealousy when you see your boyfriend in pictures with other girls. And in some ways, mild jealousy can be a positive thing - serving as a reminder you of how special your own relationship with him is.

I guess the important thing is to try and not let the jealousy get out of hand. It sounds like you've got a great relationship, and you trust your partner not to cheat. So instead of focusing on the girls in the pictures, you could perhaps distract yourself by focusing on building your relationship - and making sure that you have plenty of great memories (and photos!) of your own.

Take care,
    Tash
    :yes:
  • Options
    always had a problem with this myself.

I learnt a technique for it though. It's basically like training a dog. A good way to train a dog that attacks another dog is to hold it on the lead and walk past other dogs. Everytime it tries to attack another dog you pull ti away and take it's attention straight off the other dog. Then after a few seconds you go back and if it attacks again then you pull it away again. Keep doing this, the dog will eventually walk past without a problem.

Everytime you feel jelous and you know it's silly, say no no no! no! NO! then pull your mind away fromt eh situation. then think about it again, keep repeating this, within 2-3 tries i find all of a sudden i'm smiling thinking it's fun that my gf is tlakign to toher epople, having fun and i know i can trust her, i'm just being irrational. I would never want her not tot alk to other people.

Self control.
  • Options
    Hiya

I think its only natural you feel a bit jealous that you see him like that..
    but don't make a big thing about it as he does seem like a good 1 and they are quite rare:)

i feel a bit like wtf when i see my bfs pics on facebook etc but then i just remember hes my lad and ive got nothing to worry about..

x