Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How often do you drink

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I think I drink about 4 or 5 nights out of 7... usually half a bottle of wine, sometimes a full. If I go out at the weeknd I'll have about 4 or 5 doubles of whatever.

I wonder whether I'm drinking too much? It just seems normal to come home and open a bottle of wine with my boyfriend..

Comments

• Options
    Depends on my mood/what I'm up too. Some weeks I dont drink at all, but normaly I drink once or twice a week. The days of drinking every or most nights are long behind me, I've lost the ability to go to work hungover.
  • Options
    I go out nearly every Friday night and will have about 6 bottles of pear cider. I will go out one evening during the week and have about 2 bottles of it. Every two weeks, I will have a glass of Rose with a meal at lunchtime.

I do not like drinking at home. It does not feel right.
  • Options
    I hardly drink at all. But then one or two fri/sat nights a month I will go crazy and I can't stop myself.

Binge drinking they call it and they say it's worse than a bit a week but hey, since when did it bother me :razz:
  • Options
    I used to be out all the time - 6 or 7 nights a week, drinking 5 - 10 pints a night, followed by some shorts. (for around 5 or 6 years)

4 years ago that dwindled down to a few times a month as i bought property ....

now, i rarely drink and have only been out 2 nights this year.

Grown up and just not into the whole drinking culture anymore.
  • Options
  • Options
    Usually just on weekends and most of the time just friday.
    Depends on the evening, inbetween 2 and 8 pints. Long drinks, shots optional. If I'm meeting up with someone during the week, 1 or 2 beer. Sometimes a pint to lunch, but rarely.

I enjoy drinking, and won't hold back for the right occasion, but my true drinking days are over.
  • Options
    Thing is I don't go out at the weekend and get absolutley plastered on booze. I'm one of those drinkers that the government was talking about not long ago..where they just open up a bottle of wine every night.
  • Options
    maybe you could try to limit it to threee nights a week and just slowly cut down? Can you arrange some other things to do in the evenings that don't involve alcohol?
  • Options
    I'm not really wanting to cut down at the moment. it doesn't intefere with work or anything. just interested to know how much other people drink :)
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Couple of times a month if that these days :(
  • Options
    not as much as i used to, used to quite happily have half a bottle of wine a night or a couple of cans and then get wasted at the weekend.

now it just tends to be a few cans in the evenings on weekends.

go out drinking a couple of times a month these days due to money saving venture, but then i go a bit wonky.

can quite happily have 15 pints followed by bottles and shorts to finish the night off. usually if im going out on the razz i go on a 12hour plus bender. not good for you, but usually hella fun.
  • Options
    ok I thought you might be worried you were drinking too much.
    It's nice now it's warm to sit outside and have a drink.
  • Options
    katchika wrote: »
    ok I thought you might be worried you were drinking too much.
    Well I've definitely questioned it! But not enough to stop :)
    Yeah the warm weather makes me want to drink more..
  • Options
    I usually go for weeks/months at a time without drinking. Had a small amount of strawberry beer on Sat, twas :yum: but couldn't finish it!
  • Options
    Rarely, maybe once a month or so.
  • Options
    Once every few weeks really.
  • Options
    go_away wrote: »
    I usually go for weeks/months at a time without drinking. Had a small amount of strawberry beer on Sat, twas :yum: but couldn't finish it!

I was happy to finish it for you ;):D

I rarely drink through the week unless out for a specific occasion. I do tend to get trashed on Friday/Saturday though :D
  • Options
    Hmm this is a topic my family like to bring up a lot as they think I drink too much .. At the moment I'm drinking about three/ four nights a week and when I drink I want to drink so I get hammered.

I've been drinking like this now since I was 16 but it's gone through stages like when I'd finished school and was waiting to start a job I was drinking a lot more but when I worked I was drinking a bit less.
  • Options
  • Options
    Aye aye? :naughty:

BWAAHHAHAHAH!! Calm it, you ;):lol:

Well, Bruce was drinking Bulmers and my lass moved onto red wine so I finished hers too. ;) We'd all eaten too much just before hitting the pub.
  • Options
    Less and less often, I think the last time I properly was drunk was a few months ago. I'm enjoying the experience less and less and the hangovers even on a few pints seem dire.
  • Options
    Not that often, only 6 days out of 7
  • Options
    Normally on a Friday and or Saturday. Sometimes might go for a quick pint or two in the evening on a week night as well.

It used to be a lot more but like budda I just cant take the hangovers anymore if I have something like work on the next day.
  • Options
    Before I started studying abroad, I used to drink maybe once a month. After I came to Holland we would go out and binge drink 2 or 3 nights a week and that was for the whole first term but after Christmas I made a decision to detox and just went 15 weeks without a drop. I think I'll be back to my once a month now. My vice is more of the coca-cola variety-big kid really :blush:
  • Options
    Not that often nowadays.

Used to drink 4-5 times a week, very heavily at that. Now that I'm working weekends and have exams coming up it's maybe once or twice a week and not too heavily on the sauce. For instance, I had two pints last night watching the United match, usually I'd end up in a heap on the ground blabbering shit. :D
  • Options
    usually 3 or 4 nights a week

never drink just for a wee drink, its always to get absolutely hammered and it can be some serious binge drinking at the weekends

trying to cut down at the minute! :thumb:

6 months ago i was drinking near enough every night so its a bit of an improvement!
  • Options
    3/4 nights a week

Sometimes less,sometimes more, all depends on £££.

Benders sometimes can go for 2/3 days and theres way too much drink consumed.
  • Options
    A few years ago used to drink a litre of vodka a night, now rarely drink so quite chuffed with myself. Last drink i had was a dinner party we threw a few weeks ago and time before that must of been New Year.
  • Options
    Too much now, social drinking one day at the weekend (anything from a few drinks to getting plastered) and in the week most nights just to get me through to the weekend. tragic i know
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    I think I drink about 4 or 5 nights out of 7... usually half a bottle of wine, sometimes a full. If I go out at the weeknd I'll have about 4 or 5 doubles of whatever.

I wonder whether I'm drinking too much? It just seems normal to come home and open a bottle of wine with my boyfriend..

You can try the online alco test

http://www.bupa.co.uk/health_information/asp/healthy_living/lifestyle/alcohol/alctest.asp

But what you said is like 21 units of alcohol per week when for most women upper limit is recommended to by more like 14 units and you look lighter then most women so your recommended number is probably even less then 14 units per week.