Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

anyone tried autosuggestion to boost self esteem?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my therapist suggested i find something out about it and tring it out to see if it helps.

i've googled it but not found much in the way of application of it...

anyone have much experience of it?

Comments

• Options
    my therapist suggested i find something out about it and tring it out to see if it helps.

i've googled it but not found much in the way of application of it...

anyone have much experience of it?
    Surely your therapist should be finding out about it? Sounds like a bit of a cop out to me. Sounds like your therapist maybe running out of ideas.
    You wouldn't expect a doctor to tell you to start self medicating would you?
    I'd change my therapist at this point ...if he/she can't help you and has to suggest you go looking for things to try without giving you any information/guidelines ...then they are keeping you on the books to get paid ...but ditching you at the same time.
    Sounds very unproffesional to me. Hic!
  • Options
    Surely your therapist should be finding out about it? Sounds like a bit of a cop out to me. Sounds like your therapist maybe running out of ideas.
    You wouldn't expect a doctor to tell you to start self medicating would you?
    I'd change my therapist at this point ...if he/she can't help you and has to suggest you go looking for things to try without giving you any information/guidelines ...then they are keeping you on the books to get paid ...but ditching you at the same time.
    Sounds very unproffesional to me. Hic!

:yes:

I completely agree. I am sure that there are many good 'auto suggestion' methods out there - but what if you ended up using a crap one? On the net, it is more than likely to be the case. One would have thought your therapist would have had this sort of information at hand.

Are you sure that you have a suitably qualified therapist?
  • Options
    no she's a trainee but i would have had to wait 3 months to see a trained therapist....
  • Options
    she's a trainee

All the more reason for you (and her) to be cautious about what's out there ... :)