Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Take a break from your phone...

**helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
Is the subject of our latest rant by work experience student Sue.
What do you reckon? :)

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    How come everyone who does work experience with you is doing some degree in journalism or wants to be a journalist? :p Just makes me a bit cynical they're just CV / portfolio padding when they write these rants...

But I agree with the sentiment that people cling to their mobiles as if they're life or death. Mine is good for calls, but it's a bit more of a toy :p and I don't always take it everywhere. Especially not on holiday, as I'm too scared of losing it, and besides - holidays are to get away from everything, not to be constantly reminded what you're trying to get away from.
  • Options
    Agree with that pretty much. i know a lot of people who check their phones every 5 seconds, even though it hasnt lit up or made a noise, and as she says, can be VERY irritating especially when your out and about with them, and they are happily just texting away constantly!:banghead:
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    How come everyone who does work experience with you is doing some degree in journalism.

Because it is a journalism work experience opportunity - that's who the role is aimed at! As for the people who have a degree in journalism who aren't doing work experience for TheSite.org, it's generally because aspiring journalists are often the people who enjoy writing articles and get in touch with us...also those studying law :chin:
  • Options
    Well mine is a bit broked sooo... I'm taking a break from it :P
  • Options
    I turn it off at work most days!