Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

MSN Messenger on 3 Network PAYG

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone know if you can actually use MSN Messenger free on PAYG?

I know before I left to travel it said free until end of the year but don't know if they started to charge or not for PAYG customers or if you MUST top up with a minimum of £10 a month to get it free.

I rarely use my phone to make calls or send SMS so very unlikely I'll ever need to regularly top up each month.

Also anyone using the 3 Skype phone? If so does it also run MSN Messenger? and if so does it work reliably? I have a 3 LG Phone and it's always crashing on MSN or freezing and slowing right down.

Comments

• Options
    DG wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can actually use MSN Messenger free on PAYG?

I know before I left to travel it said free until end of the year but don't know if they started to charge or not for PAYG customers or if you MUST top up with a minimum of £10 a month to get it free.

I rarely use my phone to make calls or send SMS so very unlikely I'll ever need to regularly top up each month.

Also anyone using the 3 Skype phone? If so does it also run MSN Messenger? and if so does it work reliably? I have a 3 LG Phone and it's always crashing on MSN or freezing and slowing right down.

Not sure if it's still free on PAYG but a couple of my friends are on three, and I am too. MSN messenger crashes constantly and slows for all of us. It's pretty buggy and far from perfect for everyone as far as I know.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Works fine for me on my Nokia N73 on contact :p
  • Options
    I second that. It is free I believe on PAYG - But you can always check the Three website for more information. :)
  • Options
    Found this on their site in tiny letters

http://www.three.co.uk/personal/products_services_/windows_live_messenger.omp

Free MSN Pay As You Go Offer Free MSN offer available to new Pay As You Go customers who connect to 3 by 08.08.08 on selected handsets and to existing Pay As You Go customers who download the MSN Messenger application within 3 Services before 08.08.08 MSN Messenger is free for the first 3 months only. The number of MSN messages is subject to a fair use policy of 200 messages per day or 6,000 messages per month. Handset and service limitations and terms apply. MSN net passport account required. Handsets subject to availability.