Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Free football tickets, for drug addicts

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm sure a few might give away a few tickets, but not on the scale that they get given to supposedly reforming drug adicts.

My objection isn't that such rewards are in place, it's mainly that such rewards don't also exist for people who manage to keep themselves on the straight and narrow.

Trouble being that seeing as 90% of people do keep themselves on the straight and narrow ...everything would have to be free.
    When people who have got everything wrong in life ...put the effort into to change that ...whats wrong with an invite to a match?
    It's not exactly a million pounds or a gold clock.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Trouble being that seeing as 90% of people do keep themselves on the straight and narrow ...everything would have to be free.
    When people who have got everything wrong in life ...put the effort into to change that ...whats wrong with an invite to a match?
    It's not exactly a million pounds or a gold clock.

I'm not disagreeing with you. Coming off drugs is a hard process, I'm just arguing that there are more deserving cases for football tickets and that a recovering addict would, imho need more in the way of support rather than luxuries.