Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Live chat with senior Met police officer

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    *bumpage*

It's tonight so for those that can't make it today's your last chance to ask any questions in advance.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Can you ask him why the police are so inept at dealing with photographers in public places and why they seem to have no idea that taking photos in public isn't illegal and doesn't make you a terrorist!

If you have time you could also ask them when the British Transport Police is actually going to get some decent bloody resources!
  • Options
    We can - but it'd sound even better from you - come on, only 30 minutes to wait till ask yourself :)
  • Options
    Cant mate sorry - I have to be off in about 5mins, stuff kicking off at home :(
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    The room's open now :)
  • Options
    bugger - missed it
  • Options
    J wrote: »
    Shouldn't that be brought up with a statistician who can see how it's affecting the people. In my mind it's not an issue for the police - they only enforce the law. Teir answer would only based on wether they thought it was worth their time arresting people for carrying it. The real answer should come from an understanding of the damage it's doing peoples minds.

That's true on one part.

But the police are the people who have to deal out the law, they have more first hand experience of offenders and the consequences of crime. So despite the political studies, a PC who does the beat and sees how alcohol makes people violent, or whatever has an invaluable contribution.

I too missed it, was having dinner! Is there a chat log transcript at all? :)
  • Options
    There always is man - you can look at the others whilst we work on getting this one and the answers to the remaining questions live.

http://www.thesite.org/community/thesocial/chat/chatarchive/moneychatwithpeteeldridge
  • Options
    I missed it! Was looking forward to that ...i hope others made it seeing as the guy put the effort in.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    I missed it! Was looking forward to that ...i hope others made it seeing as the guy put the effort in.

:yes: one of our busiest chats.
  • Options
    Thanks for asking my question Helen :) I hope it didn't come across as rude!
    At the present time the threat in the UK and in London from terrorists is classed as severe which means that an immediate attack is highly likely.

Eek! :shocking:
  • Options
    http://www.thesite.org.uk/community/thesocial/chat/chatarchive/policechat is the fun link - dunno if its been posted elswhere.

Bit disappointed at my answer to be honest - seemed a default police textbook answer and very London-centric but that was to be expected I suppose - thanks for asking it on my behalf :)