Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Telly Adverts

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
What adverts do you HATE?

I fucking hate that chocolate digestive one with the piece of wheat singing that stupid song. Sticks in my head for ages after.

I think the is it argos one where the man is leaving the woman and they say all the product descriptions for everything - yeah that one - I like that one :razz:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    *Ashlee* wrote: »
    I think the is it argos one where the man is leaving the woman and they say all the product descriptions for everything - yeah that one - I like that one :razz:

I like that advert too! I think it's for Tesco Direct (a catalogue which is quite like the argos catalogue I think).

At the moment I hate food advertising, I feel like it's trying to mess with my head.
  • Options
    I hate the Churchill insurance and Direct Line adverts.
  • Options
    The question should be "which one's do you like" cos the vast majority of them are balls.
  • Options
    1983 wrote: »
    I hate the Churchill insurance and Direct Line adverts.

How about ALL insurance adverts? :)

Other countries I have visited, often seem to have so many more eye (and 'ear') catching adverts, often with real humour, while British adverts are generally unfunny, uninspirational and a real excuse to leave the room and put on the kettle.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    The question should be "which one's do you like" cos the vast majority of them are balls.

OK then

WHICH ONE DO YOU LIKE? :)
  • Options
    0800 10 66
  • Options
    The Polo advert with the dog has been banned btw. Just thought I'd mention it.

I agree with scrote. I remember when adverts used to be good, and had a bit of effort put into it. Nowadays, only Guinness seem to care.
  • Options
    Why has it been banned?? I loved that advert :(

ETA: Just Googled it, and found it's because people have phoned in with concerns that the dog was shaking/whimpering because it had been badly treated and was scared. To be honest, I can't really believe that that's the case. My boyfriend's dog shakes when he's overexcited...like when someone says the word "walk" or he hears his dinner bowl being picked up. Surely they wouldn't have put a dog in the advert that was shaking cos it was so terrified?

I do agree with some comments I saw when Googling though, that dogs should be in the rear of the car when travelling.
  • Options
    Awww I loved the dog singing! I did worry about him cos he looked like he was having a mini-fit! But I assumed that they didn't induce a fit just for the advert and that he was probably ok!

ETA: the dog was a trained 'actor' (he was in a mask film) and he could shake and do other things on command. His stunt double wasn't as good so he had to go on a motorised plate that jiggled him
  • Options
    Let's see, I think the one I hate the most is the latest Dairy Milk advert with those carts racing each other to "Don't Stop me Now" by Queen. What does that, or the slogan have to do with chocolate? It's like that shitty drumming gorilla advert, they're just trying to capitalise on very famous, well written songs. Honestly, take away the music and it's codswallop.

Also, I hate the picture loans advert. In one you've got some silly fish wife following her husband round with a camera while he swoons "Really? Oh that's much less than we're paying now!". And another one with a geordie woman yelling "I've found your scooter!" in a Geordie accent.

And the last Guiness advert with the dominos was pretty lame tbh. I expect far better from them.
  • Options
    I like that one where he is cooking and chopping things then i goes to a beat - no idea what it's advertising like.
  • Options
    Churchill, Picture, Flake, and the bloody Moonpig one. Pretty much any ad they put on during GMTV in the morning :grump:
  • Options
    I like that one where he is cooking and chopping things then i goes to a beat - no idea what it's advertising like.

haha, thats the sacla pesto one, it makes me laugh that one. it was stuck in my head today too. SA.....CLA.
  • Options
    confused.com adverts - all the people on their adverts are idiots, they all look like they should be annoying kids tv presenters or something
    Iceland with kerry katona - like she needs to buy frozen crap for £1
    Any antiaging advert full of magic ingridients we've never heard of, especially the one with the american actress who does l'oreal ones.
    Churchill - don't get me started
    Cadbury trying to be original with their off the wall adverts that have fuck all to do with chocolate
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    The Glade advert with the little kid on the shitter.

"It's all gone, it's all gone" ":mad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66IcO1irlkk
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Oh and cillit bang with barry scott (who?) shouting at you and the women with the really bad voice overs.In fact, any kind of cleaning product - oxy clean 'its my favoorte shirt.'
    I swear adverts are so dumbed down its stupid.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    Any antiaging advert full of magic ingridients we've never heard of, especially the one with the american actress who does l'oreal ones.

Pentipeptides? :razz:
  • Options
    Pentipeptides? :razz:

and the rest, hydroproxylane or something. They're probably made up tbh, no one knows what they are so why do they tell us?
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    and the rest, hydroproxylane or something. They're probably made up tbh, no one knows what they are so why do they tell us?

Cos they sound long and scientific. And we're so thick that we assume they must be amazing and what all the celebrities use

:chin: mmm yeah right
  • Options
    I hate hate HATE the Halifax ones with all the singing. I turn the TV over every time.

And the,
    'We need to fly to Barecelona' one

The Joss Stone one

All loan ones especially the one with people jumping over hurdles.

And how could I forget MOOOONPIG
  • Options
    haha im a geek i like the halifax ones cant help but sing along to them.

Yes I know I need shooting.
  • Options
    The new Flake advert drives me mad. So shite!
  • Options
    if people working in halifax enjoyed their jobs that much they'd need shooting

why are adverts so dumbed down and shit these days?
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    The chinese looking fellow on the latest one was on suicide watch for a while after, used to work in the Leeds callcentre.
  • Options
    JsT wrote: »
    The chinese looking fellow on the latest one was on suicide watch for a while after, used to work in the Leeds callcentre.

really? how do you know?!
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    really? how do you know?!
    Was in our local paper.

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?in_article_id=85368&in_page_id=34 Metro had something similar but can't find it online.
  • Options
    JsT wrote: »

Not surprised its shit!

I refused to ever bank with Halifax until they get rid of those shit adverts.
  • Options

I hate that one.

Anything for diarrhea, constipation or any other condition you don't want to hear about. Especially that smug look the woman (it's always a woman) always has on her face afterwards, as if to say "I've just banged out a massive shit, and it felt great." Not at dinner time, please.
  • Options
    I hate that one.

Anything for diarrhea, constipation or any other condition you don't want to hear about. Especially that smug look the woman (it's always a woman) always has on her face afterwards, as if to say "I've just banged out a massive shit, and it felt great." Not at dinner time, please.

:lol: potw
  • Options
    :lol: Definitely potw!
    I agree with so many mentioned in this thread. I HATE the new Flake one with Joss Stone, that girl needs a slap.
    The "we need to fly to Barcelona" one wouldn't be so bad, if it wasn't for the woman's voice when she says "as soon as possible" AAARGH it makes me itch.
    And yeah, the Glade one with the kid on the toilet :mad: Why does he even have a notepad and pen in the bog with him?!! Grrrr