Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Olympic flame ...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Have any of you been to watch ...bothered to watch it on the telly ...it's a fucking flame.

Comments

• Options
    no idea what you're talking about...
  • Options
    some protesters tried to snatch it didn't they?
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    no idea what you're talking about...
    Thats good ...i'll be very impressed if most people in here don't know either.
    Everytime i turn the news on it's this big non event flame
  • Options
    J wrote: »
    I saw that coming. I thought someone was going to try and put it out.

Bucket ow water would have been handy.
  • Options
    And then the BBC had a 20-minute interview with that braindead idiot off Blue Peter who was carrying the flame when it was attacked. She was wah-wahing that attacking the flame isn't the right way to protest about China.

Damn right it is. Anyone who carries that torch is condoning the Chinese and they are a legitimate target for a battering IMHO.

Not that I give a flying crap about the Olympics anyway. But then I don't have shares in pharmaceuticals.
  • Options
    THE OnLy purpose i can see for carting this flame about is to give as many people as possible the chance to have a pop at the Chinese ...it can't achieve anything else realy.
  • Options
    Appart from the fact they do it at every olympics.

I know ...people seem to love wasting time and money on such things.
  • Options
    I think life would be boring if we didn't... I can't dis other peoples dreams even if they are not to my taste. Jesus is coming - Look busy like.
    Life would be boring if someone else didn't run through the streets of London with a flame?
    What dreams?
    I don't think Jesus will be competing will he?
  • Options
    II think Jesus takes part in the triathalon - Well him, his father and the holy ghost. :p

:D
  • Options
    I saw it, shouted at the people running with it and watched a protester being beaten up by the police.
  • Options
    having just seen it on the news, I have to admit to a huge amount of pride in our ability to protest...
  • Options
    i loved the idea of using a fire extinguisher!

Though i get the nasty feeling he should have used a water one rather than a powder!
  • Options
    budda wrote: »
    I saw it, shouted at the people running with it and watched a protester being beaten up by the police.
    Another comfortable westener waving and shouting ...
  • Options
    I've never seen Konnie Huq on the TV so much!
  • Options
    Nothing personal here but ...you watched and you shouted and then watched someone being beaten! The trouble with most comfortable western protesters is they are willing to shout and wave their arms around jump up and down but ...they aint actualy willing to realy do anything ...but if it makes you feel good.
  • Options
    I hope the torch doesn't leave on a BA Terminal 5. BA are bound to lose it somewhere. :D
  • Options
    Nothing personal here but ...you watched and you shouted and then watched someone being beaten! The trouble with most comfortable western protesters is they are willing to shout and wave their arms around jump up and down but ...they aint actualy willing to realy do anything ...but if it makes you feel good.

And your willing to bitch about my efforts on here, we all have our line in the sand.
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    I hope the torch doesn't leave on a BA Terminal 5. BA are bound to lose it somewhere. :D

:razz:

And maybe even all the spare flames too...
  • Options
    And your willing to bitch about my efforts on here, we all have our line in the sand.
    I think your effort as you call it is a waste of time. I think you should be protesting to the olympic comittee and no one else. I think it's questionable why your protesting about China ...it seems like the fashionable one of the moment.
  • Options

Not like the good ole days eh? ;)

polltax1.jpg
  • Options
    I think your effort as you call it is a waste of time. I think you should be protesting to the olympic comittee and no one else. I think it's questionable why your protesting about China ...it seems like the fashionable one of the moment.

Fair enough, thats your choice. Protesting was my choice and I'm curious as to why you seem so dead against it.

Aside from Tibet there are a whole range of human rights issues within China, their support for Sudan, their frankly dire environmental record.
  • Options
    Fair enough, thats your choice. Protesting was my choice and I'm curious as to why you seem so dead against it.

Aside from Tibet there are a whole range of human rights issues within China, their support for Sudan, their frankly dire environmental record.

I'm not dead against it. I just think your wasting your time and everyone elses. I think your protesting to the wrong people.
    I made this thread and another about the Dalai lama asking questions regarding Tibet and China before you went on your protest. I think your actualy helping to take peoples minds off Gordon Brown George Bush and a whole host of other problems ...they willall be breathing a sigh of relief as the spotlight moves away from them ...a good week to bury bad news.
  • Options
    This is the same ground as the other thread now - so I'll close it.
This discussion has been closed.