Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Should I have a girlfriend by now?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, I'm a new user, and I'm just a bit worried because I'm 14 and I have only asked out one girl, who rejected me :banghead: To be honest, I don't really feel attracted to any of the girls I know. Is this a big problem?

Comments

• Options
    Don't worry about it just go at your own pace. You probably just haven't met any one that you have really clicked with yet which is fine seeing as you're only 14.
  • Options
    No.

What's the rush?
  • Options
    Your lifes over mate, might as well join the priesthood. ;)
  • Options
    I didn't have a boyfriend till i was 19.
  • Options
    14! I thought you were going to say something like 27. Not that theres anything wrong with waiting until 27. Don't worry about it at all mate! As 'JustThinking..X' says, you haven't found anyone you've clicked with yet, thats the most important thing :)
  • Options
    TashJTashJ Posts: 79 Budding Regular
    Hi there alipeewee,

Welcome to TheSite.org! As the others have said, there's no need to worry about not having a girlfriend - at this age, or at any age.

You say you're not really attracted to any of the girls that you know. That's fine. Don't feel pressured into a relationship with someone that you're not really that into. Chances are, when you meet a girl that you find that you click with, things will happen naturally.

Of course, you can always take steps to increase your chances of meeting that sort of girl. In some ways it's a numbers game - the more people you know, the more chances you have to meet a girl that you're attracted to... so it might be worth taking up any opportunities that arise to increase your circle of friends, such as joining clubs, going out in a group, etc.

Best wishes :thumb:
    Tash
  • Options
    alipeewee wrote: »
    Hi, I'm a new user, and I'm just a bit worried because I'm 14 and I have only asked out one girl, who rejected me :banghead: To be honest, I don't really feel attracted to any of the girls I know. Is this a big problem?

no. when i turned 13 I wanted to bone all the girls but couldn't get a single one. With 15 I had a bad excuse of a girlfriend, and now I am 22 and don't really need one, but making the best out of having one.

doesn't matter, just follow your feelings.
  • Options
    If you believe the Daily Mail you should have a drink/drugs problem and at least three kids by now.

Seriously though, you are 14 and contrary to what you may feel that is actually still very young and you have lots of life ahead of you yet. Don't sweat it, it will happen eventually.
  • Options
    Aww, bless you. There's nothing abnormal about it! I didn't have my first proper boyfriend until I was seventeen, and to be quite honest with you, at the age of fourteen I wasn't even in the least bit interested about the opposite sex! It's entirely normal at your age to feel under pressure to do these things as early as your mates, but go at your own pace. No rush whatsoever. :)
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Keep asking the ones you like mate. Don't be put off by any rejection. You don't want to go out with somebody who's not intrested anyway, keep asking, keep trying - you'll find a girl you can have fun with.
    Weekender Offender