Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Phimosis - Do I Have it?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I think I may have phimosis but i'm not sure. I'm 16 and can pull my foreskin back if its flaccid but can only get it back a much smaller bit and with some pain if erect. Also does it freak girls out? I dunno if it should even come back if I'm erect and it doesn't hurt if I masterbate. Would it say affect like a girls attitude to giving oral or normal intercourse? I'm seeing a doctor in a bout a week and might ask about it. Any help pleasE?

Comments

• Options
    At the age of 16, you should be able to pull back your foreskin with no difficulty whatsoever, both when your penis is flaccid and erect. If you can't do that, it can cause problems. If you can't clean the head of your penis, it could mean infections developing or when you pee, some of it could end up in between the head and the skin, which is bloody painful and a nuisance. I remember it all too well! That, in turn, could well put off a girl from wanting to give you a blowjob, that's for certain...

There are some creams which can be used for this, but in some cases, the doctor will say that the only answer is circumcision, either partial or full. With a partial, they cut some of the skin off, with full, it all comes off. I had a full circumcision done last year, and it's been one of the best things that ever happened to me. However, your doctor will be able to advise you on the way forward. This is a surprisingly common affliction, and you have nothing to worry about.
  • Options
    Fenomenal wrote: »
    I think I may have phimosis but i'm not sure. I'm 16 and can pull my foreskin back if its flaccid but can only get it back a much smaller bit and with some pain if erect. Also does it freak girls out? I dunno if it should even come back if I'm erect and it doesn't hurt if I masterbate. Would it say affect like a girls attitude to giving oral or normal intercourse? I'm seeing a doctor in a bout a week and might ask about it. Any help pleasE?

Why doesn't retract it. Is it too narrow, or is it because it's "sticky" ?
    Very much possible that you have a too tight foreskin. No biggie however. Many men have it. It's a very simple task a doctor will probably do straight in the ordination.
  • Options
    I think it may be too tight but I'm not sure what its ment to do, is it like ment to go right back during an erection? And when you talk about the doctor and um ordination, what does that actually mean? :confused:
  • Options
    Fenomenal wrote: »
    I think it may be too tight but I'm not sure what its ment to do, is it like ment to go right back during an erection? And when you talk about the doctor and um ordination, what does that actually mean? :confused:

Yeah, it should go right back when you have an erection. you should very easily be able to 'pull' (sounds exaggerated, not like you need force) it all the way down so the head is not touching the foreskin in any way.
    I meant, that - depending on your situation - the doc might even might help you out with treatment where he is working from (his ordination), without it being necessary for you to go to hospital.

But I can't say, since I'm no doc. very sensible however that you made the appointment already.
  • Options
    Sounds like a tight foreskin to me mate - i had it. Run a hot bath, get in and slowly pull your foreskin back, do that every day for a month or two and you should be good as gold...without a trip to the doc's :thumb:
  • Options
    I think you've done very well to make an appointment with your doctor. Wise move!

From a female perspective...

If it's causing you pain, get it fixed. Especially, like another poster wrote above, if it's causing you trouble in any hygeinic form. A woman shouldn't have a problem giving you oral sex, whether circumsized or otherwise, so long as you're clean!

I've heard many a man of many an age - some a lot older than you when they had the operation - say that being circumsized was the best thing they ever did.

Good luck. And certainly take advice from your doctor.
  • Options
    my mate had a similiar problem applied a bit of elbow grease and it eventually flipped back. Ofcourse dont try too hard wouldnt want it to rip. If you feel you really cant get it back go see your doctor.
  • Options
    I had a partial circumcision last year and I can fully pull back my foreskin now. Try hot baths. Although when my head is exposed(foreskin pulled back) it is still sore to touch!!!!:crying: . I dont see how getting fully cirumcised would improve this as I can pull back my foreskin. It can be embarressing when im having my sex with my girlfriend and my foreskin pulls back and i have to stop for a min or two to pull it back over!! Any ideas ppl??
  • Options
    What is sore to touch? The foreskin or the exposed head of your penis? 'Last year' was just 4 months ago ... so when last year was it done?
  • Options
    You need to stretch it.

I had a similar problem when I was younger. At the time, I found the best way to combat it was to pull it back whilst flacid, let it stretch a little.

I went about my day with a stretched flacid forskin. It hurts for about a day or two. You get used to it though. As every man does, you'll get the odd hard on throughout the day,and from it allready being pulled down flacid it will erect with it already down. After a week, I could pull my forskin back whilst I was erect! These days, I have no problems at all!

I thought about seeing a doc, it turned out I didnt need to.
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    What is sore to touch? The foreskin or the exposed head of your penis? 'Last year' was just 4 months ago ... so when last year was it done?

The exposed head, way too sensitive! It really has never been able to be touched when exposed.
  • Options
    2 clarify it was a full year ago
  • Options
    The exposed head, way too sensitive! It really has never been able to be touched when exposed.

If you had been locked in a dark room for years, your eyes would be very sore if someone suddenly exposed you to light. You would have to adjust slowly, by increasing the light bit by bit.

The same goes for your glans ... for years, you were unable to expose it to touch because your foreskin would not pull back.

The common method of resolving your problem is to actually touch the head MORE! As much as you can bear, in fact. Even if it is for a few seconds.

Try gently tapping on it in the same place first. When you feel ready, tap on it a little harder, as much as you can stand. Then you can try rubbing it, but just in one direction (not like caressing something but more like putting on some pressure to remove dust for example). Believe it or not, the more pressure you apply, the less pain you feel.

After some weeks of tapping and rubbing, your sensitivity will no longer be painful to you. You will even feel able to go with your glans uncovered in your underwear, which would be the final step.