Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

avi file too big for dvd?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've got a film in avi format which is about 450mb in size. When I try to burn it on to a blank dvd I keep being told that the file is too big - but the blank disk is 4.7gb, anyone have a solution?

Comments

• Options
    What you using to burn it? Sounds like a typical problem Nero has.

Also, you trying to burn a data disc or convert it to DVD format for a player?
  • Options
    I'm not all that technical, I've tried Nero as well as just 'opening' the disc as a window and dragging the avi file straight in but the latter method brings up a message like "windows encountered a problem" or something as unhelpful.

I don't know about converting it or anything, I'm just trying the basic way :crying:
  • Options
    I tried hundreds of times to burn avi files to dvd discs so i could play them in a dvd player and still have not been successful
  • Options
    I'm not all that technical, I've tried Nero as well as just 'opening' the disc as a window and dragging the avi file straight in but the latter method brings up a message like "windows encountered a problem" or something as unhelpful.

I don't know about converting it or anything, I'm just trying the basic way :crying:

Well still, are you wanting the .avi file stored as data so it's on the disc for you to access at a later date or bring to someone elses house, or are you trying to make it into DVD format to watch on standard DVD players? There's a different answer for your problem depending on what you're trying to do.
  • Options
    Thanks, I want to be able to play the film on a dvd player.