Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Orange Network

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm on Orange, my phone normally works fine. I live in London. My phone has had "no network" for a few hours now, I can't make any phone calls and I really want to phone my mother to wish her a happy birthday as I've got a bit of a reputation as being a rubbish daughter in general I'm quite keen to ring on the right day, I wanted to ring this morning but still no network. I don't understand it though, normally every room has reception here, where has it gone?

Comments

• Options
    I forgot to ask- is anyone here on Orange? Is your phone working okay or is it down for you too? Especially if you are in London! Or anywhere else. Thanks!!
  • Options
    Yeah, im on orange, in sevenoaks at the moment and have been here since 8am. Working fine for me all day.
  • Options
    Take the sim card out of the phone, rub it with your fingers then try again.
  • Options
    Was in central London earlier today and my Orange phone was working fine :chin:
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote: »

Thanks that worked :D

When it came back on I had lots of messages including one from Orange saying that the sim had been updated and that I needed to turn the phone off and on to re-activate something so maybe it worked because I took the battery out to access the sim?

I spoke to my Mum too, she was very glad I remembered.
  • Options
    If your phone ever plays up and says "no network available" or something like that, the best thing to do is switch off your phone and switch it back on. That usually resolves any problems.
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote: »

99% of the time this is the problem (not just on Orange). Doesn't usually have to have a reason for doing it either, just at random.