Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Texts?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Why am i getting texts up to four days after they are sent?
been happening for a couple of weeks ...Voda.

Comments

• Options
    I had that the other day. I'm on Vodafone too.

I had that problem once before though, and fixed it by turning my phone off and on again (leaving it for a while in between), so try that. I did it and got about a month's worth at once though.
  • Options
    I had that the other day. I'm on Vodafone too.

I had that problem once before though, and fixed it by turning my phone off and on again (leaving it for a while in between), so try that. I did it and got about a month's worth at once though.

But i already do that ...i'm only available for comment or interview between ten a.m and nine p.m ...i am a man of mystery inbetween ...usualy asleep.
  • Options
    The first rule of mobile phone usage - if in doubt give the sim card a wee rub with your fingers.

Give Vodafone a call, if they're anything like o2 then they can check if there's any messages waiting to be delivered then they can push them through.
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    The first rule of mobile phone usage - if in doubt give the sim card a wee rub with your fingers.

Give Vodafone a call, if they're anything like o2 then they can check if there's any messages waiting to be delivered then they can push them through.
    I don't understand all this technology ...why should they have to push them ...why should i have to turn the thing on and off ...is my phone bunged up?
  • Options
    I don't understand all this technology ...why should they have to push them ...why should i have to turn the thing on and off ...is my phone bunged up?

It's just a network thing that happens from time to time.

You do a lot of travelling about and you live in the hills don't you? If you go out of signal and someboyd tries to text you then the message stays pending until you're back in service, it's just there's a glitch with the network that means they're all bunged up like a traffic jam and don't come through straight away.

I strongly doubt it's a handset fault though, like I say speak to Vodafone and see what they advise. If there's nothing wrong with the network then they'll send out a new sim.
  • Options
    It's just a network thing that happens from time to time.

You do a lot of travelling about and you live in the hills don't you? If you go out of signal and someboyd tries to text you then the message stays pending until you're back in service, it's just there's a glitch with the network that means they're all bunged up like a traffic jam and don't come through straight away.

I strongly doubt it's a handset fault though, like I say speak to Vodafone and see what they advise. If there's nothing wrong with the network then they'll send out a new sim.

Ahhh ...now that makes some kind of sense ...ta very much.
  • Options
    ...there's a glitch with the network that means they're all bunged up like a traffic jam...
    As if traffic jams are the first thing you think of when the words "bunged up" are mentioned. :p