Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Applying for Jobs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right, I'm on the verge of finishing college in the next few months, definitaly in June and I'm starting to look for jobs. Now I could just apply for all private nurseries and schools wanting TA's but I don't want to do something like that. :no: no I've got to be akward.

There was this one job in the paper which I have rang for an application for which is the manager of a breakfast/afterschool club which is being established in a social centre in my town. Now I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to do this, no nasty curriculum to follow, no one dictating to me what I can and can't do with kids and yeah. So I rang for an application form (closing date is monday) and she said she will send one first class today so I should get it tomorrow, will fill it in and send it straight back. BUT they're just going to laugh in my face and tell me not to waste their first class stamps!! I'm only 17, will be 18 when I start the job (presuming they are starting in sept) and it's for a manager role. But they are asking for a level three qualification which I will have, as well as food hygiene, child protection and first aid which I have briefly covered but could do short courses on. They said experiences prefferred but that doesn't mean essential right?

I reallllyy want this job, I'm guna try and sell myself with my out-of-college experience as well as my goodness in college! I know I will probably get turned down and have to work full time in a private nursery or TA in a school but it's just not fair. Why do I have to be god damn young!! I hope no one else has applied :razz:

/RANT OVER

Comments

• Options
    You never know, they might offer you an assistant manager role...
  • Options
    no harm in trying. guess they'd want you to have experience as a manager but if you dont try you'll never know.
  • Options
    Yeah still apply. Even if they don't want you to be the manager there might be other suitable jobs there.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    Yeah still apply. Even if they don't want you to be the manager there might be other suitable jobs there.

:yes: and the interview inexperience will be invaluable. :)
  • Options
    Closing date was yesterday. Sent it first class on Thursday afternoon so she should have got it in time.

Fingers crossed!
  • Options
    *Ashlee* wrote: »
    Fingers crossed!

Good luck :)