Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

hand moisturizing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is there anything that can help moisturize hands that isn't lotion?

I end up washing my hands at least a dozen times at work, its quite dirty there and my hands are starting to get really dry and cracked and gross looking. But at the same time I have unnaturally sweaty hands and even when they aren't sweating the slightest touch of any lotion makes them go all nasty.

I've tried a variety of hand creams, body lotions, face creams, even the kind of lotion that is the most abosrbant least greasy lotion I've ever tried still reeks havoc on my sweaty little paws.

So I'm hoping there must be something out there than can help moisturize that isn't lotion, as I've just given up on that for the hands.

Comments

• Options
    Go for the home-made option. I'm a florist and constantly have my hands in buckets of water, and nothing works like this does.

I mash up a banana in a bowl, add 2 tablespoons of honey and a dash of milk. Mix it all up into a paste (be careful with the milk, otherwise it gets a bit too liquidy) and use it on your hands or any other dry skin. If it's really bad, I'd layer it on quite thickly after a bath in the evening and then wrap your hands up in clingfilm for 5/10 minutes. It'll take a couple of days but your skin should get soft and supple enough that it takes longer to dry out.
  • Options
    Oh interesting... and kind of tastey sounding:o I'll give that a go thank you :D