Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

holding off a period

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Any idears, just for a couple days. I've been exercising more than normal in the hope, hell I'm stressing :p... any other ideas?

Comments

• Options
    You want to delay your period? If you are not on the pill, then there is a medicine called norethisterone, which can be started three days before a period is due. Then i think you take it for seven days and when you stop taking it your period arrives. I've taken it before when i've been going on holiday and not wanting to bother with periods.

Other than that, no idea.
  • Options
    Use a cork
  • Options
    You want to delay your period? If you are not on the pill, then there is a medicine called norethisterone, which can be started three days before a period is due. Then i think you take it for seven days and when you stop taking it your period arrives. I've taken it before when i've been going on holiday and not wanting to bother with periods.

Other than that, no idea.

Oh I'm sure that would cost a mint! I want to hold it off so I can get into the gyno on my appt day, so that would be pretty much defete the purpose of it anyway. Plus I have no idea when it is due, the pill was my only way of telling :p but I'm pretty sure it will be right around then. And I'm a bitch and do not want to reschedule! but thanks :)
  • Options
    Don't have sex, I find that brings me on.