Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

2cb/MDMA

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey there.

Boyfriend went out on a bender last weekend which involved both these drugs. He was very sick despite being a fairly experienced user of these kinds of drugs :rolleyes: so I am assuming he got the doses wrong (for the 2cb) or something. Anyway - after a day off on Monday he went back to work on Tuesday and ever since has been complaining about feeling tired and ill.

He's suggested Diabetes and has gone so far as booking an appointment with the doctor.

While I am trying to be sympathetic his constant moaning and worrying has started to piss me off because as far as I can tell it is more likely that a heavy weekend has taken it out of him and messed with his blood sugar levels. I have told him this, and directed him to online info about how 2cb can effect your blood siugar levels but , oh no - it has to be something like a proper illness. :banghead:

The reports I have read say Diabetics should not really use 2cb. Does anyone know why or what damage it could do to a diabetic or anyone else.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    My knowledge is reasonably limited, but it isnt one of those in PIHKAL that causes very variable results and it doesnt seem to be any more or less dangerous than MDMA.

As for a diabetic using it, I would assume its the same risks that go with them using any stimulant, the body goes into emergency mode grabbing all the sugar it can to feed the raised heart rate etc. This could certainly cause an upset and problems.

My advice is for him to go see the GP, admit all and ask for a check up.
  • Options
    He is, next week. I just wish the moaning would stop as well as the apparent complete denial that last weekend could have had an effect on how he feels now. It seems like simple logic to me. :banghead:

Ah well. Maybe I am just being selfish inthat I don't want to listen to him anymore.
  • Options
    If he has no family history of it, and is of decent weight and health its unlikely to present in a young person.

Whats more likely is he has caught some sort of infection while in a sweaty club and his immune system took a battering because of the drugs.
  • Options
    He is rather overweight but this is mostly from eating pies and doing no excercise along with moving in with me and letting himself go to pot ;)

Perhaps this will scare him into doing something about it :hyper: