Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Moisturiser

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm wanting to change my facial moisturiser, I've been using nivea soft as it was suggested in a similar thread a while back, but its a bit heavy for my face and I found it worked better as a body one. So I'm after something not too heavy but also not too light as I've used the fluid kinda ones and found they didn't do much. Oh and not too expensive and pref with some kind of spf. Sorry to be fussy but I have tempramental skin thats quite dry but can also get really oily and spotty. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    my skin sounds like yours, and i find that boots cucumber moisturiser works just fine. It sinks in quickly, moisturises deeply but doesnt leave the skin greasy.

And its only about £1 :thumb:
  • Options
    im really liking the superdrugs natural high anti ageing one at the moment.
    it feels just right on my skin and smells really nice and fruity, plus its mostly organic and pretty cheap
  • Options
    I loooooove the Simple Hydrating light Moisturiser. It isn't greasy or anything and my skin always feels really good afterwards
  • Options
    I use a Simple one (not sure if it's the same that clementine uses) it's really good though and not to gackey if that makes sense. Plus it's not really expensive.
  • Options
    I use a few different ones depending on how my skin is and if I'm going to wear make up or not.

I have the Simple Light Hydrating moisturiser, it's a good general one.

I've also got the Simple 'regeneration' day cream which contains an spf 15 and is a bit richer than the other one, it's great under make up as well as my foundation goes on really smooth when I use that one. It's a bit more expensive though (about £7 I think), but you don't need to use very much.

Also I have the Boots Cucumber moisturiser, for a cheap product it's really good and smells lovely.
  • Options
    I loooooove the Simple Hydrating light Moisturiser. It isn't greasy or anything and my skin always feels really good afterwards
    That's the one I use. I find a little goes a really long way as well. Sometimes I use Neutragena Comfort Balm on my face as that's really light as well, and it's nice to have a change from the usual one.
  • Options
    If you're oily and dry at the same time it sounds like you might have T-zone skin (i.e. its dry around the sides but the chin, nose and forehead get greasy).

For that type of skin the best one I've found is the Simple Oil Control one, but it is a pain in the arse to find. Superdrug is the best bet.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    If you're oily and dry at the same time it sounds like you might have T-zone skin (i.e. its dry around the sides but the chin, nose and forehead get greasy).

For that type of skin the best one I've found is the Simple Oil Control one, but it is a pain in the arse to find. Superdrug is the best bet.

I was thinking that you would come and recommend that one! I remember I bought it a couple of years ago when you recommended it to me in one of these threads, it was really good for my skin type at the time as it's really light and de-greasing but doesn't make it too tight or sore. But my skin type is different now (and I've started worrying about wrinkles too :blush:).

Edited to add: Superdrug is where I've bought it too. It was hard to find as it was not with the other Simple Skincare products, it was with the acne and teenage skin section.
  • Options
    I don't use it either as my skin's got dryer since then, I tend to use a Garnier one now, but that would be too greasy for someone with oily skin.
  • Options
    I use a Boots tea tree shine control one, which I like.

Or if you're a Lush fan my girlfriend has oily skin and swears by Imperialis.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions, I'm not sure what to go for now lol.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    I'm not sure what to go for now lol.
    I love it when I thread gives so many suggestions that it leaves us even more confused :lol:

I think you should just some of these for yourself, it's likely that several of the ones recommended could be suitable for you, or a combination there of.
  • Options
    I use johnsons 24 hour one, it cost £3 and its really nice
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    Thanks for all the suggestions, I'm not sure what to go for now lol.

It sounds like your skin is similar to mine as it can be quite dry yet I get a bit of oiliness on my t-zones during the day. I use either neutrogina moisturiser or bio-oil. (the neutrogina one contains an spf too) Both are really good at hydrating my skin. I have found Simple and Garnier products to be totally rubbish! They just don't hydrate it enough - simple is too runny and garnier is really perfumed.

Also, since changing my foundation to one that was matched up to my skin by Clinique, I no longer get oiliness on my skin so it might be worth lookign into your makeup if you wear any!
  • Options
    Just want to throw in my 2p - there's a radiance balm in that Boots cucumber range, and it's really good! It's basically just the normal moisturiser, but with tiny shimmery bits in to make you all glowy. Usually the cheaper versions of this kind of thing are a bit too shimmery and cheap-looking, but this one's really subtle and flattering, plus it moisturises nicely, plus it's less than 2 quid. Ace. :thumb:
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote: »
    Just want to throw in my 2p - there's a radiance balm in that Boots cucumber range, and it's really good! It's basically just the normal moisturiser, but with tiny shimmery bits in to make you all glowy. Usually the cheaper versions of this kind of thing are a bit too shimmery and cheap-looking, but this one's really subtle and flattering, plus it moisturises nicely, plus it's less than 2 quid. Ace. :thumb:

That sounds good. I bought one of those cheaper ones you mentioned (a Superdrug Vitamin E one) and it was really bad, the shimmer was so golden that on my pale skin it looked like I had jaundice or something! I had to use it up by just using it at night so that nobody could see how silly it looked!