Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

buying lingerie for girlfriend...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
... and after some advice and suggestions cos never done it before.

I told her I wanted to get her something, I suggested either I could choose something or we could choose something together. She said she wanted the surprise of seeing what I would get her, as long as it "isn't anything too complicated". :) She's going to tell me her sizes, and I think I'm going to try to get a bit more help from her, at the very least to tell me what she definitely wouldn't like.

I was thinking not knickers, as she's already got a great collection :yes: and not a bra either because she sometimes seems a bit fed up of having to wear one and is often pleased to get it off at the end of the day. So something a little different, not too tight perhaps, but still sexy. Like a chemise or camisole maybe? - not entirely clear on the difference between those, if anyone would care to explain! (And then maybe pants to go with because even if she's got lots you can never have too many, right? ;) )

Also, been doing a bit of looking around online, and getting quite pissed off by the over-abundance of tall, slim models on all the shop websites. Because my girlfriend's not tall and slim, she's a bit shorter and curvier, which is fine by me because she's gorgeous and totally hot :love: , but it's harder to imagine what she might look like in some of the lingerie when the picture is of someone with a completely different figure. Anyone else get annoyed by that?

Any advice or suggestions of any kind much appreciated! :thumb:

Comments

• Options
    Hey, well basically like you said she already has lots of bras and knickers so go for a nice chemise/camisole, basically a chemise is generally longer, where as a camisole is like vest top length. Shes your girlfriend so perhaps think about the types of underwear she buys herself. Ann summers have got a great collection, The own brand ann summers is generally sexier, but they also stock "knickerbox" which are pretty and sexy!http://www.knickerbox.co.uk/products.asp?cat=11&scat=11

http://www.annsummers.com/products.asp?gid=6&cat=701

Good luck and hope you buy the right thing :)
  • Options
    Omg you must be an amazing boyfriend.
  • Options
    www.lovehoney.co.uk

nice stuff on there.
  • Options
    For the love of God do NOT buy underwear from Ann Summers. It will break within about five minutes, apart from Knickerbox stuff, which is boring. La Senza stuff is shit too.

You say she is curvy? How curvy is curvy? If she is more than a D cup it might be worth you looking at Bravissimo, they do some absolutely gorgeous stuff right up to J cup in some ranges. If she's got fairly big boobies then they're a good place to start as the stuff might actually fit her properly. The models on the website are all big-boobed girls so you get a better idea of what it will look like on her.

I'd say get her a basque, they are sexy in the bedroom and they're quite good at sculpting her figure if she's out wearing a cocktail dress or such like.
  • Options
    Only warning with Bravissimo (who do do very nice undies) is their sizing is very different to La Senza's.
  • Options
    Aye, Bravissimo's sizing is right ;)
  • Options
    If your budget can stretch to it I'd recommend www.myla.com/uk
  • Options
    Ooh, looking at that I've gone all funny. I've fallen in love with the model :heart:
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    Ooh, looking at that I've gone all funny. I've fallen in love with the model :heart:

I know what you mean, they are a step above the usual.
  • Options
    talia wrote: »
    Omg you must be an amazing boyfriend.

He he, thanks! Nice of you to say so, I do my best...

Had a look at some of those sites. The Myla stuff is totally lush, but out of my price range sadly. Any slightly cheaper alternatives but in a similar sort of vein? Interested to hear that Ann Summers stuff breaks, was that just one item or has it happened a lot (or to any other people)? I think the bravissimo stuff is bigger than necessary for her, although I still need to check her cup size. I do know her dress size is a 12.

Also not sure whether to buy online (seems more choice) or go in person to shop - would be nice to check the quality and feel of the material, which you can't really do online.
  • Options
    budda wrote: »
    If your budget can stretch to it I'd recommend www.myla.com/uk

I remember you recommending that on a thread I made ages ago. It made my now-husband-then-dirty-weekend-break-companion fall in love with me and that's a fact :thumb: It washes/lasts really, really well too so is well worth the money if it's at all affordable (and this coming from someone who stalks the undies section of M&S looking for any bargain). Just beautiful!

What is your price range-ish? Karen Millen do nice lingerie, and online too I think - www.karenmillen.com

If I shop for underwear in person I generally go to big department stores so I can hunt through their lingerie sections and not be restricted to one brand. Maybe an idea...?

You sound like a gem, though, what a great attitude. I'm sure you'll find something perfect for her :)
  • Options
    Fantastic, I'm glad my recommendation works, I wish you all the best.