Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Facial hair lightening/waxing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Been thinking about lightening some hair above my lip and wondered how well it works, and if you guys can recommend creams? or a cream that makes the hairs thinner and less noticable?
Also with face waxing, would the hair come back as stubble? lol!

Comments

• Options
    nelly_bar wrote: »
    Been thinking about lightening some hair above my lip and wondered how well it works, and if you guys can recommend creams? or a cream that makes the hairs thinner and less noticable?
    Also with face waxing, would the hair come back as stubble? lol!

everyone has little facial hair. If it's fine now, better not mess with it. In the end you might have to shave more often than I do.
  • Options
    I've always left well alone - as StrubbS says it can make the problem worse. However if it's not fine, blonde hair then I can understand your predicament. My mum uses that Jolen (?) bleach which seems to date back 50 years or something... so it must be alright.

If I was going to do anything then I'd wax it. As with anything, waxing doesn't make the hair grow back as stubble. Only shaving gives you the blunt regrowth. In theory if you waxed for a while the regrowth would be finer and finer until it was barely there.

Depends if you'd rather wax or use a depilatory cream (of course you could always pluck :nervous: ). For both there are myriad choices in the hair removal aisle of any supermarket or chemist. Also depends on your pain threshold... though waxing isn't that painful in my opinion. Not sure whether it'd be painful on your face or not... :chin:
  • Options
    I was blessed with an Italian/Sicilian heritage. I'm amazed I didn't come with sideburns ;) I wax using hot wax (I don't even have to do it very often, twice a year at most) and the regrowth is very fine, and there's less of it each time. If I'm having my legs waxed, I get the lady to do my upper lip at the same time, she has a knack of making strip wax not painful, but I wouldn't use strip wax by myself.