Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Article research on mental health

PearlyPearly Posts: 345 The Mix Regular
Hi all,

If anyone can help me for a new batch of articles that would be great. We're improving our mental health content with some fact sheets that will focus on 'the other end of depression' i.e. coming out of it and how to stay happy and positive.

Please PM me (or respond in this thread) if you feel you can offer some quotes for a fact sheet or for a case study and you're between 16 and 25. Names can be changed.

Firstly, I wanted to talk to someone who feels that something positive has come out of having depression and how having experienced such pain has given you a new look on life, now that you have recovered or are recovering and feel that life is on the up.

Secondly, have you had an experience of coming off antidepressants? How did you cope, mentally and physically (withdrawal symptoms) and have you managed to stay off them and look for alternative support? Did your doctor support you in coming off them?

And thirdly, how do you deal with mood swings and has having them had an impact on your relationships? Have you found ways to control your mood swings through natural remedies? Has it been hard to get help to control your moods? Do you understand why you get mood swings?

Thanks for reading and I would appreciate any feedback,

Best wishes
Pearly

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you're interested then I'm somebody who feels that what I've gone through has added me extra strength mentally. I even used it to play myself up during an entry interview to get into Air Traffic Control. I'm now less than two months from getting qualified to work on my own and I'm feeling incredibly confident about myself and my life in general.

Recovering was the toughest journey I've been on but afterwards I do feel that it's made it so much easier for me to appreciate all the small things in life and reach out to be the best I can. I know myself so much better as well as my limits.

If there's anything I can answer just give me a shout. :)
  • Options
    I don't have the 20 mins or so to answer in detail here but feel free to PM me and I can answer questions.
  • Options
    Feel free to PM me as well. I am currently coming off Seroxat and can go into great detail about the withdrawl symptoms and side effects! However because of these tablets my life has changed forever in a positive way. At one point in my life I didn't think I'd ever amount to anything. I was depressed, angry, going nowhere in life and couldn't control myself. I'm now training to be a nurse and I feel like a changed person. Without what I went through I would not be the person who I am today.