Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Sweat Rash - Prevention / Healing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
As a direct result of my work I sweat a hell of a lot throughout the day which causes my inner thighs to sweat buckets in turn causing me a sweat rash which is very painful and makes it very uncomfortable to walk.

I'm trying to find a long term solution readily available to aid my relief because of this. I got another Sweat rash yesterday and it's one of the worst and sorest I've ever had to date. The area effected is always the same, erm, basically the area below the crotch, sorry if that's too much info but it's the only way to explain exactly where It is. This time though it's spread much further, from there to much further under.

I've washed thoroughly obviously as you do regularly, but I was thinking I should try to get some kind of medicinal application that would hopefully be readily available to buy that can treat it. I have Eurax Hydrocortisone here which was given to me for Eczema but never used as to be honest it's never been needed, at all. I usually use Vaseline to put on it, ran out of it at the moment though, worst possible time !

I've done some googling and I think I might be able to use the Eurax Hydrocortisone but only short term, I think !?

It's too frequent to ignore anymore and of course it being under the crotch area it really is a nightmare. After reading about how to prevent it, you are recommended to wear cotton clothing so I think I'll have to change the shorts I wear to work to cotton ones that are more loose than the current ones I wear.

Anyway I've rambled too much. Just need some advice etc for what to use to preferably try to PREVENT the rash ever starting but to heal it also.

As it is I'm working Thursday and I just know this is going to be a bloody nightmare for working, there is a delivery which I'll have to do not to mention the usual rushing around which means, as per every day, lots more sweating buckets !

Uhm, so thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Options
    Canesten or Canesten HC (Canesten with hydrocortizone) or it's generic equivalent. Sweat rash is often caused by a fungus and thrives in damp enviroments so the key is to keep the area clean and dry as much as possible. Wear cotten underwear, preferably something like boxer shorts to allow the air to circulate and wear loose trousers when you're at work. Throughly dry the area when you've had a wash and use a little talc, if you're not currently using Canesten on the area. Try not to scratch.

I get thrush and sweat rashes all the time thanks to a fucked up immune system and that's what my consultant advises me to do, and it works. If i get an infection it clears up in a few days :)
  • Options
    hydrocortisone shouldnt be used on broke skin mind.
    but as rubberskin said Canesten or its generic is clotrimazole will clear it.
    you need 1% really because the 2% is for thrush!!