Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Pulling out

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi there everyone,
This is my first post, so treat me gently!
My gf is currently off the pill but we still have unprotected sex (I know, I know we shouldn't and we will stop, but it just feels so good!) My question is what percentage (approx) of protection is afforded if you pull out before you come? I hope someone knows. I'm guessing it would br pretty low about 70 or 80% but I'm not sure. Thanks for your help. I have enjoyed surfing this site for useful info as a guest for some time so I thought I may as well join! I hope I can add to some interesting discussions and help afew of you out in return...

Comments

• Options
    to be quite honest it is very risky even if you pull out before you come cos you could still leak before withdrawing!!

i dont think that this is a very good thing to be doing at all. you should still really use a condom even when shes on the pill cos it aint 100% safe, i know a few people who have still managed to get pregnant on the pill(not wanting to scare anyone here-sorry) why is your girlfriend off the pill?
  • Options
    well men do leak a little bit of sperm even before they ejaculate and so it could be said that pulling out offers no protection as you only need one sperm to make a baby. my friend did what you were doing for a while and says it was the most stupid thing she ever did. get some condoms! they're free if you go to the doctor.
  • Options
    yeah, i dont think you should use nothing, what about the implant thing?
  • Options
    She went travelling and ran out. She is going back on it in a week.
  • Options
    ABSTAIN!
  • Options
    No, the implant is no good. She went to the doctor to discuss the best method and she said the pill was the best option for her.
  • Options
    well that's okay then , but you do know you're takin an awful risk, you're perfectly safe to go without a condom but i dont think its wise not using anything
  • Options
    It's actually funny how I have done a 180. I used to be so careful...but now, well, I wish I could say no but she is so persuasive (in a good way).
    I think your comment on abstaining is the best thing for my to try and follow. Usuallly we just have oral or manual sex when she is off the pill as I hate condoms, but a couple of times "it just happens"
  • Options
    ah getting caught up in the passion, i remember that, long time ago
  • Options
    Does anyone know the specific answer to my question though?
  • Options
    Yes I do - pulling out does not work as a safe contraceptive method, ever.
    From our sex myths article:

You can't get pregnant during unprotected sex if the man pulls out before he ejaculates (cums) - false!

Even though your boyfriend doesn't ejaculate, sperm can still be present in his pre-cum (the clear, sticky drops that are released when he's aroused). It only takes one sperm to get you pregnant, and the fluid can also contain sexually transmitted infections. Some men aren't aware that they are ejaculating until it's too late, and it's easy to get carried away in the heat of the moment.

So stop arsing around and either use a condom or wait until she is back on the pill.
    End of.