Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I have a serious problem.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi

I am in the hospital right now. The reason why I am in the hospital is because I wanted to commit suicide. This is a big deal.

Here is what happened:

Two days before I checked into the hospital an idea popped into my head. I personally have a problem with thinking the wrong thing around the wrong person. Sometimes it's offensive or awkward. But yeah. The idea popped into my head that, what happens if I think the wrong thing around a dangerous person!? I then told this problem to a worker at the shelter that I was staying at. I gave her an example of something I might say. Unfortunately the staff at the shelter had a meeting later at a church nearby that very day. Unfortunately there is also a coffeeshop nearby with people who are in the mob. I'm thinking she could have been thinking about the example of what I would say while she was walking by that mob place on her way to the meeting. There could have been a misunderstanding and those mob people might want me dead BECAUSE of the misunderstanding. I hope you guys understand what I just said.

If you guys don't understand any part of what I wrote or need more explaining please just post it.

My question is.... what should I do about it!?!?!?!?

Comments

• Options
    Eat a lodf of cabbage, it's good for the gall bladder, so timmy mc joe face says anyway.
  • Options
    So, do you think she said something to the guys in the mob? And thats what caused the misunderstanding?

Try not to worry about it, if things get bad, talk to the police.

Sorry thats not much help!
  • Options
    Are you Italian by any chance?
  • Options
    I think it sounds like the idea of something that might go wrong is becoming a huge problem in your mind. The best thing is going to be explaining to people who are there with you in hospital what is troubling you and I'm sure they'll be able to reassure you that what is making you paranoid isn't really happening.

I realise the fear is obviously real but it's worth trying to focus on the reality of what would have to have happened for what your afraid of to actually happen.

The nurse would've had to decide to repeated what you've told her, then decide to repeat something very offensive on the way to church. When she says this she would of had to have been in exactly the right spot outside a coffee shop.

Then there's also going to have to be someone who based on one overheard conversation is going to decide to throw away their career or liberty by deciding to kill someone based on this conversation.

They'll then need to find out your name - because there's no way that's going to have come up in anything the nurse would have said - so they need to find that out - which would only mean they'd be risking being in trouble before anything else happened.

But yeah, I realise that talking out a problem might make very little difference to how worried a certain thought process can make you - but these people around you are there to make you well and you should explain the situation.

And if it helps, bear in mind that although you may be convinced that what you'd say would be bad enough to make someone kill someone - but if these people (and I'm guessing your in the US here judging by some of the terms you've used) are for one second actually members of Italian-American organised crime - there isn't a thing you could say that they haven't already heard a 1000 times.

Besides, post-Sopranos they'd probably be more understanding of a mental health problem than you give them credit for.

Anyway - please speak to someone at the shelter, I'm sure they can try to help put your mind at rest.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote: »
    I think it sounds like the idea of something that might go wrong is becoming a huge problem in your mind. The best thing is going to be explaining to people who are there with you in hospital what is troubling you and I'm sure they'll be able to reassure you that what is making you paranoid isn't really happening.

I realise the fear is obviously real but it's worth trying to focus on the reality of what would have to have happened for what your afraid of to actually happen.

The nurse would've had to decide to repeated what you've told her, then decide to repeat something very offensive on the way to church. When she says this she would of had to have been in exactly the right spot outside a coffee shop.

Then there's also going to have to be someone who based on one overheard conversation is going to decide to throw away their career or liberty by deciding to kill someone based on this conversation.

They'll then need to find out your name - because there's no way that's going to have come up in anything the nurse would have said - so they need to find that out - which would only mean they'd be risking being in trouble before anything else happened.

But yeah, I realise that talking out a problem might make very little difference to how worried a certain thought process can make you - but these people around you are there to make you well and you should explain the situation.

And if it helps, bear in mind that although you may be convinced that what you'd say would be bad enough to make someone kill someone - but if these people (and I'm guessing your in the US here judging by some of the terms you've used) are for one second actually members of Italian-American organised crime - there isn't a thing you could say that they haven't already heard a 1000 times.

Besides, post-Sopranos they'd probably be more understanding of a mental health problem than you give them credit for.

Anyway - please speak to someone at the shelter, I'm sure they can try to help put your mind at rest.

wow... thank you. I realized that stuff about them not knowing my name anyway. Yeah I think I'm going to watch the sopranos and stuff, check out what these people are actually like.