Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What's been your favourite debate?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was just wondering, I see a lot of debates in here and a lot of them seem to go round in circles, and some just feel irrelevant, it's all politics none of us have influence or sway over... nearly like debating death - it's coming whether we like it or not.

So in order to stave off the disillusionment I decided to think back about what discussions in here have really made me open my eyes and I've enjoyed getting into. Well, err there's a whole host to choose from isn't there :p.

I like the discussions when rather than discuss how GWBush is a hypocrite this time, or how some tax cuts aren't preventing the end of the world, threads where people open up about more intimate, inter personal subjects that can change the way we think and act. Is calling something gay inappropriate? Smoking debates - just because I enjoy seeing the different polarisations in opinions. Some think it doesn't affect anyone else except themselves, some think it's absolutely horrid. I really like it when there's a good atmosphere too, no name calling, mutual appreciation for each others opinions. It doesn't happen very often but it's nice to see it when it does :)

I like threads that make me think, especially about how I behave around other people. That's just me - I'm sure there are some that love nothing more than ripping into the government :p. But this is a debate thread for just that ;)

Comments