Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Graduate jobs in campaigns/fund raising - how to get on the ladder?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well apparently it's almost impossible to get a job once you graduate... However, this has come from people who didn't work much and I have a fair bit of experience...

I'd really like to be a campaigner, but I'm worried that my CV is not good enough, or that I don't have enough experience voluntarily.

I've volunteered with trafficked children in Nepal, have ran campaigns as environmental and ethical officer and president (plus co-founder) of People & Planet society, have been involved with Make Poverty History, plus fundraisers, the human rights festival, green fair...

Needless to say at uni I'm pretty well known...

However, I've been looking about for jobs and even fund raising seems to want two years experience at least.

Otherwise, there are internships available, but I am one of those unfortunate souls who does not have rich parents to pay my rent whilst I work 5 days a week for free.

So I was wondering if anybody has any suggestions, or if anybody knows any charities/NGOs which will take on a graduate with the above work experience, plus two years in a sort of campaigning job for our Sustainability Team (university environment though)...

This seems an impossible field for somebody like me to get in to. :(