Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Worst jobs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have worked for a Senior care home and the worst thing was pretending to laugh or have interest in what they were saying. Nothing more annoying then brewing strong coffee and then having some stupid fucking joke going around about how strong you like your coffee.

But by far the worst was Mcdicks, it was horrible.
Dealing with customers all day, taking/making orders SUCKS. It drains the life from you, i quit without a 2 weeks notice, i worked there for 6 months and gave up, it was brutal. I called in sick one day, and she wanted a doctors note, For Fuck Sakes its a part time job, you deal with teens all day (i had a cold, so by law i cant work in food industry, but i aint wasting 10 bucks and a doctors time). They say they are flexible, try calling in to get your schedule and EVERY time you do they ask and ask for you to come in.
Not to mention the fact that the Swing/manager's are total bullshitting Idiots.:banghead:

Comments

• Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hi Welcome to TheSite, I've just moved your post to start a new thread as the one you posted in was from way back in 2001! It's good to get some fresh views on the subject of unenjoyable jobs. :thumb:
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote: »
    It's good to get some fresh views on the subject of unenjoyable jobs. :thumb:
    Would moderating an online forum be in your list? :p
  • Options
    Any shop work i've done was utterly soul-destroying. Glad I got out of it.
  • Options
    admin, hurts my head with the brain-numbing boredom. It's odd though, I do a job I know most people would hate- cold calling!
  • Options
    CD packing. The tedium was so bad i didnt go back for a second day. I'd rather count how many blades of grass there are in Kent.
  • Options
    I've worked a few jobs...

Cleaning toilets was pretty sucky... As was packing chicken in a box. I also have worked in Burger King, which wasn't that bad actually.
  • Options
    I worked in a call centre for a couple of months and that was utterly soul destroying. It turns people into drones!
  • Options
    Co-op oh dear god :crying:

I'd sell stuff on the market rather than go back to the co op. In fact, I'd set up a shoe shine stall rather than go back. It was horrendous.
  • Options
    I'd say all my jobs so far have been shit. Hoping I will get this one I go in for part II interview on tuesday.

In order

1) junk mail delivery
    2) holiday programme runner
    3) cleaning primary school
    4) hospital cleaner - still at. Will drop if get this job
    5) after school care
    6) data entry
    7) call centre for surveys - still at. Will drop if get this job
  • Options
    Charity call centre. Like cold calling for anything except worse, as we have the guilt angle on things as well. I stayed there all of three days.
  • Options
    Acrobat wrote: »
    Charity call centre. Like cold calling for anything except worse, as we have the guilt angle on things as well. I stayed there all of three days.

Was that at The Phone Room by any chance? If so, I lasted a day there!
  • Options
    ButtonMoon wrote: »
    Was that at The Phone Room by any chance? If so, I lasted a day there!

Yeah, it was! Did they make you sit through 6 hours of training and not even pay you for it? I was NOT impressed by that :grump:
  • Options
    Whowhere wrote: »
    Any shop work i've done was utterly soul-destroying. Glad I got out of it.

Ditto! It's the least pleasant thing I've done to date. Not getting back into that again.
  • Options
    Jaloux wrote: »
    Ditto! It's the least pleasant thing I've done to date. Not getting back into that again.

I agree, I hated working in a not to be named high street department store. The focus wasn't on helping the customers but we were pushed to flog them the in-store credit card instead which I hated doing. I worked in fast food and found it a good laugh although some of the customers seemed to think only idiots worked there and were surprised when you were polite...fun times.
  • Options
    worst job-chamber maiding deffo. only lasted 2 weeks, cuz a) found an incontenance pad in a bed:sour: and b) my back went in the middle of wheeling industrial size laundry bin.
  • Options
    I worked at a chamber maid when I was 14, was great fun, the team I worked with were ace, the money wasn't bad and there were some perks like bottles of wine left behind and that sort of thing. One person's dream is another person's nightmare it seems. I wouldn't mind cold-calling for a charity either.