Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Contraceptive Implants

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi All

Not sure if this should be here or on the sex forum. Has anyone used these and doe sit give off many side effects? Im particulary concerned with bloaitng as I tried to Evra Patch and Ive never seen my stomach so huge! wasnt good!

Cheers for any advice!

Miss x

Comments

• Options
    hi there

i've had the implant in for 3 years now and not noticed any problems

some people do put on a bit of weight but that will vary

one pluss i found, my periods stopped completely which was nice :)

i think i remember this topic coming up a few times so if you do a search there will be more posts as well
  • Options
    There was a thread recently about this so it should come up in a search. I posted a looong reply in there which is still true now, but since then the implant has caused me a few weird fake pregnancy symptoms. It's settled down now but it was a confusing few weeks!
  • Options
    I havent been too bad on the implant so far. I do get headaches, but less then when I was on the mini pill, I've managed to lose some weight and keep it off which I could never do on the pill and my periods have pretty much stopped.
  • Options
    It messed with my complexion massively, so I came off it after 2 months, and back onto the pill.