Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

worst video games you've ever played?

what the title says.

Mine were:

Blue Dragon.
Lost Planet.
Any WWE game after here comes the pain.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Leisure Suit Larry.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Whatever the Ledgend of Zelda game was on the gamecube.
  • Options

wind waker?
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    :no:
    It wasn't so good, but not bad...

Some I can think of:

Holy Magic Century
    Sonic Heroes
  • Options
    wind waker?

I liked it :(

I can't remember the bad games, lol. ArmA is pretty shit just cos it's so buggy :(
  • Options
    Sonic Heroes
    Nightmare Before Christmas unfortunately
    Gex 3D (PS1)

cant think of others atm
  • Options
    JsT wrote: »
    Leisure Suit Larry.

Leisure Suit Larry was the master of its genre. (Where its genre consists only of Leisure Suit Larry games, but that's not the point.)
  • Options
    Shellshock: Nam 67

You can still see my angry rant at it on gamefaqs -
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/review/R78654.html

Basically one of the worst things I ever played.

Resistance: Fall of Man as well - I know it's supposed to get better later on, but fuck me, this was easily the most boring thing I ever, ever played.

Any of the Sonic 3D games as well - though I haven't played it on the Wii yet - basically pointless, without a second of effort, inspiration or ideas to do something 'sonic' in 3D - just poor Mario 64 knock offs. Pathetic and shameful.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote: »
    Shellshock: Nam 67

You can still see my angry rant at it on gamefaqs -
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/review/R78654.html

Basically one of the worst things I ever played.

Resistance: Fall of Man as well - I know it's supposed to get better later on, but fuck me, this was easily the most boring thing I ever, ever played.

Any of the Sonic 3D games as well - though I haven't played it on the Wii yet - basically pointless, without a second of effort, inspiration or ideas to do something 'sonic' in 3D - just poor Mario 64 knock offs. Pathetic and shameful.
    Tell me bout it, i bought shellshock for 50p for a bargin and thought, ahhh cant be that bad, but my god, its so fucking hard to control but shit as well, lol worse 50p spent ever,
  • Options
    Can I also add I am eBaying a lot of classic GameCube games if anyone wants to bid on them :p

What's the link to your shop, I may be interested :) (I hope Jim doesn't class it as spam, break the link or something :p)
  • Options
    nah, that's cool
  • Options
    Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

No way! SMAC was great. They should produce a follow-up.
  • Options
    Carmageddon 64. But I won it in a raffle, so it didn't matter.

I always used to look at review first, so I at least avoided all the really shit games. Probably the most annoying was Mystical Ninja on the N64 because of the camera, but it was still a pretty decent game with a fun plot. That and Ultima IX, partially because my computer ran it quite slow (and it required a really powerful PC at the time) but mainly because it had so many bugs in it. But that was a potentially great game if they got it running right, because as much as I could put up with it, I really enjoyed it.
  • Options
    samaurai warrior

samurai1.jpg

then you get this

samurai2.gif
  • Options
    The TheSite skateboarding game :P
  • Options
    To be fair that was the peak of videogame production in the world as far as I remember - ET definately played it's part but Custer's Revenge is an obscure travesty no one ever saw that's ended up meaning more in hindsight
  • Options
    Oooh, I liked that ET story. How the majority of cartidges were destroyed and buried. I hear that the games worth decent money now though....
  • Options
    Akira for the NES, first of all it was in japanese, secondally the gameplay was insulting.

Then there was that Sven erricson football game for the playstation. It was way to slow and easy. No wonder why it was cheap. like a fiver at the time! (it's probaly liek 99p now)

The death and return of Superman for the SNES LOL! too funny it was sooo crap. I mean if he's superman how come he has a fucking life bar.
  • Options
    wind waker?

That the one. It was an ok game but so hard I could bearly get past the first couple of levels.

Starfox adventures for the Gamecube was rubbish as well.
  • Options
    And Custer's Revenge on the same platform:

S_CustersRevenge_1.png

:lol: :shocking:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    That the one. It was an ok game but so hard I could bearly get past the first couple of levels.

Starfox adventures for the Gamecube was rubbish as well.
    So hard? :eek:
    It's by far the easiest of all Zelda, and one of the easiest game I've ever played in general...
    I guess you're just not very experienced in this type of game. :p
  • Options
    pardon me for dragging up a semi old thread but I didn't want to make a new thread and would like to add another to my list. X men 3. Christ, what a turkey.
  • Options
    Some SNES game, I think Yogi Bear.

You start with 2 lifes and when you die twice it's game over and you have to do it all over. no passwords no savegames. I never even completed the first level.
  • Options
    Serious Sam

Viva Pinata

:no:
  • Options
    Sonic heroes

Sonic that was on the dreamcast (have to admit probably because the dreamcast never took off)

Age of Empires 3
  • Options
    Vanguard MMORPG - wtf use is an MMORPG which requires grouping if the entire community consists of one man and his dog. So promising, but yet in so poor...

Neverwinter Nights 2 - OK this had all the makings of a great story, interesting characters and the most irritating and infuriating cameras it's ever been my misfortune to play with. I had to give it up eventually - which is a shame, because story-wise it wasn't bad.

Combat Mission Shock force - from the team which brought the best ever tactical wargame (Combat Mission) comes a game with AI so poor it makes Space Invaders look like a model of tactical sosphistication
  • Options