Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Cerazette

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was on microgynon 30, so thought the doc would put me on that again. But she's gave me this cerazette. I really wanted to go back into microgynon, but cos my BMI is slightly over, Im on this. But the thing is when I first went on microgynon I was bigger than I am now, and the doc didnt weigh me.

I have just done a serach on here and on google and it all seems bad reviews about it - no peiod for month, and even one girl said she has PCOS because of cerazette:nervous:

I am abit gutted really that I aint on microgynon, I loved it, got on so well with it. I didnt get pregnant on it, periods were great, I was on it for about 18 months. So I know it works well for me.

I dont want to start taking cerazette, Im scared it will mess my cycle up. When I came on microgynon it took me only a couple of months to get pregnant. I've heard about people who had the implant (which is similar the doc said) took them ages for their cycles to get back to normal, like years!

Also she told me to take two tablets, which is really gonna confuse me cos it says the days of the week on the tab things.

Has anyone had any good experiences on cerazette?

:grump: :grump: :grump:

Comments

• Options
    Sorry to say it but I'm another bad experience person, they did exactly the same to me (except I just went in for a repeat script and they changed it).

If you aren't happy then I would go back and discuss your options with your doctor, or if you have a local family planning place discuss it with them. I generally find them more understanding of things, and quite frequently you can call them for a discussion with the nurse and they'll call you back round here. Even if it just to try and dispell your concerns it might be worth calling them up for a chat :)

With the 2 pill thing, you know it has 4 weeks worth on the strip? I started them from 2 weeks apart so I was taking week 1 monday and week 3 monday at the same time so I didn't confuse my days.

With the implant thing, the theory is as soon as it is taken out you go back to normal as far as everyone I've spoken to has told me, not taken months or years. I heard that about the injection though, so either way one of us has been misinformed :chin:
  • Options
    I was on Cerazette and had no real problems with it. Didn't mess my cycle up as such, but after two very light periods I then didn't get any more. Some people think that's great, others don't like it. It's worth remembering with researching any pill generally on the net, it's unusual to find good things as people who are happy don't post specially to say they are.

My suggestion for the taking 2 pills would be like Acrobat, take two Monday tablets, either from the same packet, or keep two strips together and take one off each.

I think they are getting stricter on BMI and the combined pill, I've just been told to stop taking it as am very near the limit.
  • Options
    I like the idea of no periods, but dont want it to mess my cycle up too much, if we ever want any more children I dont want to wait ages for my cycles to become regular.

Im gonna try it for the three months, then if I aint happy I'm gonna beg to be put back on microgynon! In the meantime I aint gonna eat anything so my BMI will be 30:D
  • Options
    My cousin is on it and loves it.

If you search for any medication or contraceptive online then you can always find some posts about bad experiences so I wouldn't worry to much about what you've read online.

Hope it is good for you :)
  • Options
    i'm on cerazette and i am very happy with it, i am also overweight and that's why i'm on it. i didn't have periods for about a year but now i have finally settled down and regularly have one. i don't know what the 2 pill thing is? but if i forget to have one then it is safe to have 2 the next day instead. i had crazy mood swings at first but now i am completely settled in it. i prefer it cuz i hated doing the break thing with microgynon, i always messed it up, i well prefer taking just one every day all the time.
  • Options
    You dont have a break on this, so I'll take the pill everyday?
  • Options
    :yes:

Very important that one. Your standard dose each and every day until you decide to come off it.
  • Options
    I'm on it because the combined pill was making me stupidly hungry. I'm loving it so far - my periods dissapeared on the combined pill anyway so no periods doesn't bother me as my periods were very painful.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I like cerazette. I went on it because the combined pill gave me migraines. Have no complaints about this one :)
  • Options
    I like cerazette. I went on it because the combined pill gave me migraines. Have no complaints about this one :)

Did your periods stop?
  • Options
    Have to say I didnt like cerazete one bit. My periods stopped completely, my skin and hair went awful and I had a near constant headache/mirgaine on it. Couldt go back on the combine pill because I'm overweight, so I have the implant. Same hormone as Cerazette but a lower strength so I'm much happier.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Yeah I no wrote: »
    Did your periods stop?

Yes.

I had really heavy periods so it was a welcome relief.