Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Fancy dress as a pilot

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey guys. Anyone got any suggestions - I'm going to a party themed 'what you wanted to be when you grew up' and obviously for me it's a fighter pilot! :razz:

I was thinking of getting a flightsuit and helmet from eBay, but they're not exactly cheap :( and of course I doubt the helmet will be practical for dancing until the early hours. So if anyone has any ideas how I could pull it off and still be practical... that would be ace.

I could just go like this:
top_gun_maverick_tom_cruise_suited.jpg

Lol :p

(Isn't it peculiar that I wanted to be a pilot and have a motorbike... and I've got one of those now :p)

Sigh. Might still try and be a pilot after uni ;) who knows.

Comments

• Options
    Apparently when I was little I wanted to be a helicopter when I grew up.

That would be pretty impractical fancy dress :p
  • Options
  • Options
    Don't have a clue but what a good fancy dress theme!
  • Options
    Thanks GWST (didn't know what biggles was, had to google :p). Only issue is that I did want to be a proper jet fighter pilot lol. Independence Day :heart:

Any more ideas?
  • Options
    Going off the tom cruise photo - my friend bought a blue boiler suit (DIY stores everywhere) wore a plain white t-shirt underneath, those aviator glasses. I mean that's a start? Maybe you could get some straps from the DIY store...know anyone who does rock climbing?!
  • Options