Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I hate valatines day

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
not only does it make me feel worse about who i am but it makes me feel shit that the girl i really like is in a realsitionship!

It just fucks me up and i realise that I can't really do anything to make myself feel better
I've tried, i even told the girl i liked her but i got let down gently

I really don't know what to do, I know i should try and move on but i can't
Please help

Comments

• Options
    You just have to find some other stuff to do to take your mind off of her.

Play video games
    Workout
    Hang out with mates
    schoolwork.

If shes in a relationship and made it clear that shes not interested, leave her to it, don't get hung up on her.
  • Options
    Mate you're just letting an insignificant date get to you. Get over it.
  • Options
    chances are her and her boyfriend aren't doing anything out of the ordinary! plus why should valentines day make any difference? i know it's much easier said than done but lusting after someone in a relationship is not a good road to go down..
  • Options
    You should just focus on other parts of your life you enjoy, like hobbies and thing instead of letting thoughts of her going round round your head. Occupy yourself. And in twenty five minutes it will be Feb 15, and valentines day forgotten!
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Mate you're just letting an insignificant date get to you. Get over it.
    :yes:

Valentines day is only pushed upon us to make us spend money and do things out of obligation... Kinda like Christmas, but cheaper (tbh, I would be most disappointed if a partner put more effort in to V-day rather than something beautiful and on the moment).

Don't let the fat cats get you down!

As for that woman... It sucks when you lust after something you can't have. But relationships don't last forever do they... Plus new people come along, individuals change ect.

Head high, all will be Ok.
  • Options
    last night I cooked for my bloke, and he moaned at me because he had to miss the last 10 mins of Master chef!! gratitude?!:grump:
  • Options
    Lankygirl wrote: »
    last night I cooked for my bloke, and he moaned at me because he had to miss the last 10 mins of Master chef!! gratitude?!:grump:
    He could still watch it online using the bbc iplayer...that's how ive kept up with masterchef :p

To OP, it is hard to like someone you cant have, but you cant do much about it. Like others have said, you just need to move on and not get hung up about it.;)