Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

how do you get eyes like they do in the Barry M ads?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
you know the ones with bright coloured, glittery all singing and dancing (well not litrally, but you get the picture)

i've tried and tried and i can't get my eyes to look anywhere a good as they do, but i have friends that get great results.

any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    i cant use dazzle dust to save my life.
    Unless the proper effect IS for it to be half on your eyelids and half all over your cheeks too :no:
  • Options
    I've tried using the charcoal Dazzle Dust wet as an eyeliner and I still end up getting it on my cheek.
  • Options
    The trick is... high quality brushes, a good blending technique and photoshop. ;)
  • Options
    i cant use dazzle dust to save my life.
    Unless the proper effect IS for it to be half on your eyelids and half all over your cheeks too :no:

:lol: thats what always seems to happen to mine too.

although iv found putting on just the teeniest smidge (it goes far doesnt it!) with my fingers works better, iv tried to do it with a brush before and it just goes everywhere.
  • Options
    Make sure you don't overload your brush with product and tap off excess (it's easier to apply more, than to remove excess) it also helps to apply a generous helping of loose powder underneath the eyes and on top of the cheeks so it catches any loose particles of dazzle dust - you can then brush it all away afterwards, without it sticking to your base.
  • Options
    i don't end up with it on my cheaks (moisturise your eye lids before hand), but i can't make it blend really well
  • Options
    one tip is to put a bit of lotion onto your eyelids, then tap the brush to get rid of excess eyeshadow and then apply. the lotion makes it stick to the eye (plus it will last longer) and then you can just build up the layers instead of it all just falling on your cheeks.

hope that helps!
  • Options
    i can never get the combinations of colours right though...i going to try black eye shadow with red liner tomorrow
  • Options
    Oh that sounds fun, if it turns out well I shall demand pictures ;)

I've heard if you dip a face sponge in a bit of liquid foundation it acts like a makeup ereaser, though I'm not sure how effective it would be for bright colors, she's always using neutrals.