Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Pill making my hormones go crazy! (long post sorry)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Options
    You don't say how old you are.

It seems like quite a fast response to starting the pill, doesn't mean it isn't linked but not necessarily so.
  • Options
    I think maybe it's partly your age and partly because of the pill.

It's natural to go through phases of being curious about things and during teenage years you can have some pretty weird feelings and wonderings... So don't worry about that just go with the flow.

I started the pill when I had just turned 17. For about 3 or 4 weeks I felt like I had permenant really bad PMS. Was irritable all the time - actually felt sick for a couple of weeks too so I didn't have much appitite either. But when it had all settled down I was so much better than before I'd gone on it and feel so much more level-headed and don't get scary mood swings anymore.

It could be that the dose of pill you're on is quite strong for you... I'm quite small so my doctor said that I'm more likely to get side-effects from the pill because I get more hormones for amount of body I have... if that makes any sense at all.

If you're still concerned in a few days time just go back and see the doctor that put you on this pill and talk it through with them. :)
  • Options
    You don't say how old you are.

I'm 16 (17 in July)
    Lu_C wrote: »
    I think maybe it's partly your age and partly because of the pill.

Yeah that's what I thought, thanks :) it is just something that's occured to me in the last week really so I suppose it is just a wondering..

I have an app. coming up at the doc's to discuss how I'm getting on with the pill, so might mention it to her then :)