Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Could use some advice...

never mind.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    TashJTashJ Posts: 79 Budding Regular
    Im a bit concerned about something, what Im concerned with is that I see attractive girls all the time, I think they are attractive but not enough to make me do anything about it,

To me, this doesn't sound unusual. After all, there are lots of attractive people in the world... but if we went after everyone we found attractive, then imagine the chaos that would ensue! So perhaps you haven't found the right girl, the one who's got that extra something that marks her out from the others - whether that's physical beauty, personality, confidence, etc. Sometimes, it's only when you find someone extra special, that you can find the motivation to move to the next step.

However you've also said that you're worried that it could be your confidence holding you back. If that's the case, there's something to be said for the old cliche 'fake it to make it'. If you approach the situation with enough self-confidence to say 'let's just give it a go' (not easy, I know), then if it doesn't work out you've learned something; and if it does, all the better. There are also TheSite.org articles on Boost your pulling confidence and Building Self-Esteem which have some other tips.

Take care :)
    Tash
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Do you mean people in the street, or people you've got the chance to talk to?

Just get yourself in social situations, 99 times out of 100 it's a confidence thing. If I've been chatting someone up and got a number or a snog then it's always when I've had a few ciders and I can't remember what I said - means my sober inhibitions have been down and I've probably relaxed quite a bit.

Not the most useful advice, but chances are it is a confidence thing.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    Do you mean people in the street, or people you've got the chance to talk to?

The 2nd one.

Its not that I can't do it, its that I have confidence problems which set me back, I dunno if its whether I like them or not or if its just me, you know?

I think I may have been hasty in making this thread, was just in a funny mood yesterday.....

ETA: Thanks Bri and Tash.