Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Crying after sex

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
this is actually a huge problem for me. i cry pretty much every time after sex. not just cry but total uncontrolable sobbing. i really don't know what's wrong with me. i really hate how i dont want to make my boyfriend feel bad or like he did anything wrong or like he is hurting me but i cant make it stop. it feels like every emotion i have just forces itself out all at once and i cant explain it to my boyfriend it jsut doesnt even make sense. i am not really a particularily 'emotional' or needy person and we've only been going out for close to a year and not having any problems or anything. hes really wonderful! which is why its so confusing to me.

hes the only sexual partner ive ever had and ive been crying since pretty much the beginning. i hid it from him the first few times but by this point i think i am worrying him! i dont know why i do it.

Comments

• Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hi applybaby,
    Welcome to TheSite. The thread you originally posted in was about two years old so I've split the posts to give you more chance of getting replies relating to this issue.
  • Options
    The only time I've ever cried was my first time and it was because it hurt so fucking much :rolleyes:

Actually saying that I also cried when I was absolutly shitfaced at Leeds Festival and sort of started having sex with this guy but that was only because I was so drunk and I realised one night stands arnt my style. Silly cow :lol:

I've never cried through happiness or anything and to be honest if my boyfriend did I'd be a bit :eek2: ...

EDIT: Sorry my post wasn't too helpful was it...
  • Options
    applybaby wrote: »
    this is actually a huge problem for me. i cry pretty much every time after sex. not just cry but total uncontrolable sobbing. i really don't know what's wrong with me. i really hate how i dont want to make my boyfriend feel bad or like he did anything wrong or like he is hurting me but i cant make it stop. it feels like every emotion i have just forces itself out all at once and i cant explain it to my boyfriend it jsut doesnt even make sense. i am not really a particularily 'emotional' or needy person and we've only been going out for close to a year and not having any problems or anything. hes really wonderful! which is why its so confusing to me.

hes the only sexual partner ive ever had and ive been crying since pretty much the beginning. i hid it from him the first few times but by this point i think i am worrying him! i dont know why i do it.

I've dont it once but think I was feeling pretty emotional at the time. Don't feel weird about it! If it is happening often as you say I'd look into why you are crying. Maybe you have underlying issues about sex or are thinking about something else at the time?
  • Options
    I've done it a few times, usually because I have a tough resilient outer shell that crumbles when someone's too nice to me and I become a soppy heap.
  • Options
    I cried once. To this day, I honestly can't make head nor tail of it. My girlfriend at the time was equally baffled.
  • Options
    I've cried once during sex. I was crying out of sheer happiness and given that it was 3am and we were having "oh, we've just woken up together, let's have sex" sex, I was quite tired.

That's my excuse anyway :p.
  • Options
    I think the census is that it's normal.... it is a real moment of Ecstasy I would try not to concern yourself just show lot's of affection afterwards let him know that you've enjoyed it and there happy tears.