Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I dont think I love him anymore

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
\

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    kate- wrote: »
    We went out for about 3 months broke up for 2 been going back out nearly 5 months now and I don't think I love him anymore.

Dont get me wrong I really care about him so much and would hate to lose him but I'm not in love with him I dont think.

I don't know what to do.

I don't want to break his heart again and end up him hating me because hes such a nice lad. I can't do it. I'm a coward but I hate making people feel like that because I've experienced it too much.

God what a mess:crying:

Its not a mess - just end it with him. You can try sugar coat it if you want or tell him the truth....that you no longer love/fancy him. Feelings can change over time and you've given it time but it's not right. Doesn't make you bad person. He'll go on to find a better gf (from the point of view that she'll want him/like him) and you'll go on to find a better bf. (one you'll fancy and shit)

So end it with him sooner rather than later. Don't fob him off about it being you not him, leave the bullshit at the door and be frank and honest with him. Don't try be he's mate if you know this breakup will hit him hard. Let him move on and heal on he's own without you!!

It's been 8 month relationship which you've enjoyed but it's come to an end at this point in your life. End it nicely, have break and be on your own to clear your head :)
  • Options
    TashJTashJ Posts: 79 Budding Regular
    Making that final decision to end a relationship can be a really hard thing to do. Harmless has give some good advice here though: feelings can and do change over time - and I guess what you've got to decide is if the fact that you really care about him is enough for the relationship to continue.

At this point, do you think it's possible that you could love him again? When you look long-term, do you see you and him happy together? Is it worth working through any problems you have?

If not, then it might be time for you both to move on. There's no easy way to break up with someone, but you might want to think beforehand about what you'll say and what his reaction might be.

A lot of people end up being friends with their ex-partners in the long run - so there's a chance that you might not have to 'lose him' altogether. However, if you do decide to end the relationship, you might need to let each other have some space first, and see how he feels about keeping in contact after that.

Take care.