Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

what the hell to do about my ex?

ok i broke up with my ex girlfriend in may last year because she was moody with me all the time, un-affectionate, and un-appreciative, the straw that broke the camels back however was the fact that the 700 pound holiday i'd paid for us to go on, the holiday she rather than we wanted, she turned round and said, "dunno if i can be bothered to go anymore" when asked why she gave no clear answer,

needless to say i was rather ticked off by this lol, she was already on her second chance with me after leaving me for her ex in the previous december, so i decided enough was enough and broke up with her.

she didnt seem too bothered at the time and i realised too that i wasnt bothered either because she'd been very hard work to even talk to let alone do couply things for the last few months of the relationship.

then about 2 weeks later as soon as its quite obvious i'm no longer remotely interested she starts texting me saying she'd like to go for a drink, i say no she doesnt tb, rinse and repeat the texts a few times over then next few weeks i stopped even replying after a while, she was also being super sickly nice to me at work, and i hate over the top niceness in people, her mum kept asking me to talk with her cos she's really sorry and upset but i still failed to see why its my fault or problem anymore.

then one night she goes out and gets off wiht a workmate, i get a phonecall at 3 am from him saying hes sorry and asking me if i'm ok with it i say fine and mean it, they get together i'm ok with it, after a few weeks it goes belly up and lo and behold she latches on to me again and starts being all super nice :mad:

this is still going on and it does my head in to the point where i cant talk to her without getting pissed off anymore, i've spoken to my boss and shes asked her to leave me alone at work several times to no avail,

fast forward to about 6 weeks ago a colleague tells me that another workmate of ours likes me, now i get excited cos i like her too so i ask her out, we start seeing each other and we get on really well,

my ex finds out and all of a sudden i go from being the nicest person to talk to ever to some demon from the pits of hell, now i'm sorry but we broke up along time ago and it was because of her being emmotionally immature, i may not be blameless but i gave her every opportunity to explain to me what her bloody problem was, she needs to get over it, she either ignores my new gf, or gets bitchy with her or tries to talk to her about me, now this really pisses me off cos the stuff she says is quite blatantly gonna make my new gf uncomfortable, ie she brings up dates we had together and stuff like that.:banghead:

she is currently telling everyone who will listen that i treated her like shit when we were together, i dont like to brag but i try to be a good boyfriend i always treat my girls with respect and i spoil them (probably too much), i never cheat, basically i treated her better than anyone else ever has in her life, no one believes her but it still really fucks me off that shes telling such huge lies out of spite,

my new girlfriend is very understanding but i know it pisses her off.

now i dont think i'm unreasonable in wanting her put on the first rocket heading towards the sun, i want her to butt out of my life i dont care how it happens but i cant take her trying to be part of it anymore, if she dissappeared off the face of the earth tomorrow i wouldnt care, horrible thing to say i know but i've really reached breaking point,

what the hell can i do? i even thought about an injunction but we work together so that would be very complicated, and i dont wanna cause a big stir up, HELP !!!!!!

sorry bout the essay lol
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'd get a new job and a new phone.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »

i've thought about it but i work full time at my job she's just a fucking weekender, and she's bollocks at her job yet my boss keeps defending her, why should i have to make the sacrifice? she's the fucking psycho
  • Options
    Fuck that, just a shitty situation you got yourself into. Just hope for the best, at the end of the day your good character will show through and her bad one will reflect on her so won't worry about people ganging up on you and taking her side or whatever.
  • Options
    i'm not so bothered about whether they believe her or not i just want her to butt out of my life, my life ceased to be any concern of hers when she pushed me away from her, tbh i think she's only kept it up because i wouldnt touch her with a 10ft pole with a rubber glove on the end, while i was interested in her she treated me with disinterest bordering on neglect
  • Options
    You seem to be doing the right thing by just getting on with your life.
    she will grow bored soon enough(probable when she gets a new bloke) or leave for a different job!

chin up hun just enjoy the good relationship you have.
  • Options
    yep, you just need to ignore her, cut all contact (as much as possible with work) maybe get a new number and learn that you should't get your meat from the place you get your bread.

Tough situation though mate, hope all goes well.
  • Options
    Shitehawke wrote: »
    i'm not so bothered about whether they believe her or not i just want her to butt out of my life, my life ceased to be any concern of hers when she pushed me away from her, tbh i think she's only kept it up because i wouldnt touch her with a 10ft pole with a rubber glove on the end, while i was interested in her she treated me with disinterest bordering on neglect

some people are like that-why? is it the old "want what you cant have" thing?

seriously though, this girl has got issues, she should let you move on. It sounds like your new girlf is cool with it, but Ive been in her situation and it will hurt her a bit-its like, we all have a past, but you dont need it shoved in your face every5 mins!
    Get your boss to talk to her again-or better still-do it yourself (hopfully without losing your rag) and whats the story with her mum hassling you to talk to her?
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »

:yes: but then again, if your new gf is from work too, its still gona be a situation.

Hopefully your ex will get bored, but just seems to be taking her time.
    I know it must piss your new gf off. Have you had proper talks about it? What was her opinion on it?
  • Options
    sounds like she's bitter that you have a new girlfriend she also sounds like a bitch

the only thing you can do is ignor her, don't give her any attention at all cos it will just spur her on. as long as your new girlfriend knows what she's like and knows it's fully over then it should be all good. Just make sure you don't spend the whole time moaning and talking about your ex cos that's just what she wants.
  • Options
    Lankygirl wrote: »
    some people are like that-why? is it the old "want what you cant have" thing?

seriously though, this girl has got issues, she should let you move on. It sounds like your new girlf is cool with it, but Ive been in her situation and it will hurt her a bit-its like, we all have a past, but you dont need it shoved in your face every5 mins!
    Get your boss to talk to her again-or better still-do it yourself (hopfully without losing your rag) and whats the story with her mum hassling you to talk to her?

well she's obviously whining constantly about it to her mum or something so her mum says to me when i bump into her that i should just talk to her, my ex actually tells people that i still love her, she told my new gfs friend that she still loves me and that she knows i still love her, what fucking planet is she on??? she's like a swat proof mosquito, no matter how many times i swat her away she keeps comming back, i've spoken to her about it so many times, so has my boss, she stands there nodding at me saying things like "yeah i guess" and "your right i need to move on" but 10 mins later she's doing exactly the same stuff again,

yeah me and the new girlfriend have spoken about it in depth, she has a pretty good idea of what has happened between us, the cause of the breakup and everything that has happened since, i've told my boss that if she starts getting greif from my ex then my boss better jump on it cos if i have to sort it out myself she wont like it one bit, i wont tolerate her bringing my girl into this anymore than she is, she has done absolutely nothing wrong to my ex, in fact shes the one that tells me to try and be nice to her cos she feels sorry for her cos she's mental.
  • Options
    Put a bottle of scabies treatment cream in her desk and then ask someone to get something from her drawer.

Word will soon get around.
  • Options
    Actually in all seriousness that is a shit situation. In fairness most people are pretty wise to these sorts of circumstances. I'm sure the majority of people see through her.

Clearly she is an attention seeker so the best thing you can do is not give her any.
  • Options
    It gets worse,
    a few weeks ago my g/f got invited on an 18-30s holiday, i wasnt overly thrilled by the idea of this cos in my opinion they are holidays for single people, she said she'd quite like to go but wouldnt if i was really worried about it, i told her to go if she wanted to yes i would be a bit worried (shes only 16 will be 17 at the time of the holiday so i get quite protective of her, and worry about her going out when i'm not there to look out for her because she and her friends arent great at knowing their limits) but that i trust her, and if she wanted to go i'd be ok with it.

today in work my ex approached my girlfriend and asked her how we were doing, my girlfriend said we were fine, my ex said good (2 faced bitch) then just blurted out the fact that she thought that i was out of line for saying she couldnt go on holiday and that if she were my girlfriend she wouldnt stand for it,

my g/f was a little taken aback by this as we had only told a few people that we had discussed it, now i'm sorry but this seems to me like a blatant attempt by my ex to cause a rift between us, dunno bout anyone else but i dont know many people who go round poking their noses into ex partners new relationships, nor do i know many people who would welcome ex partners sticking their nose in, someones feeding my ex with personal mis-information about our relationship,

i mean its not like my ex and my g/f even know eachother that well, if they were friends it would be different, but they arent my g/f doesnt even like her

i've tried everything, i've tried ignoring her, i've tried being nice, being a total bastard in the hope it will drive her off, i've had other people talk to her like her friends and my boss, evertyone except her gets the picture, what the hell can i do? my g/f has asked me not to say anything to her about this recent incident, and fair point cos it will turn into a slagging off session if i do, i feel so guilty about bringing this down on my new g/f i'm really worried it will become too much for her which i'm pretty sure is what my ex wants, WHY THE FUCK CANT SHE GET THE MESSAGE?
  • Options
    Can't you and your girlfriend 'unite' against her and go up to her and say "FUCK OFF AND KEEP YOUR NOSE OUT OF OUR RELATIONSHIP" or soemthign to that effect :razz:
  • Options
    How much does a good hitman cost these days? :p
  • Options
    well i'm on a different department now, i used to be both my ex's supervisor and my g/fs supervisor, now i have no direct authority over either of them but my ex is still my g/fs supervisor, my girlfriend is worried that with me out of the picture my ex will pick on her if we stir up trouble with her again, I have said to her ok i will say nothing for now but we both agree that if it happens again then she gets her face kicked in lol