Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

FAO: JsT or other train people

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is it true trains are off from Leeds over this way? if so is there any buses on or anything?

cheers

Comments

• Options
    Northern rail seems a bit stuffed

http://www.northernrail.org/news/439
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    It has been a bit of a nightmare on the trains today.

Glad I aint working in Leeds anymore!
  • Options
    http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_bulletins/additional_info/flooding21jan08.html
    That's what National Rail website says, it was posted a couple of hours ago.

I managed to get the last train out of York to Leeds, at 18:10 and Leeds station is pretty much shut for trains bar the one I got off that was going on to Blackpool North and by the look of it an Ilkley train and a King's Cross one was just arriving but I don't know if it was going back out. There were about 300 commuters being queued round in a spiral in the main concourse trying to get buses and taxis out of there.

I know it isn't the fault of the trains and I'd rather they were cancelled and be safe than take risks but my god it is such an inconvenience when you can't get home.

I did wonder though - how many people who commute have a contingency plan on how to get home in situations like this? If I hadn't got that train I would have (cried and) got the Coastliner later on, or paid a lot for a taxi and charged it to the train company, or in the end stayed over at one of my friend's.
  • Options
    Argh I'm going from Cardiff to Newcastle (changing at Bristol), is this likely to affect me? I can't remember which stations I have to stop at on the way!
  • Options
    http://nationalrail.co.uk/service_bulletins/9c45a2e70a0400020052027105e70733.html

check on there... the bristol to newcastle bit at least will be Arriva Cross Country and that isnt on the list so you might be ok :)

eta I THINK that train goes via Doncaster rather than via Leeds (because I always see it at York but can never get it home to Leeds :grump: like I can with the other ones) and that line was alright I think.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Yesterday pretty much everything was off just with the sheer amount of water about, they can keep going a lot more than the roads can but at some point it does become unsafe. Blackpool - Burnley - Leeds was closed yesterday due to flooding around Hebden Bridge but it reopened again this morning.

Most of the network is now reopen with the exception of Leeds - Ilkley/Skipton and Leeds - Huddersfield which are likely ro remain open for another day or so at least.

Cardiff - Newcastle has been fine all along so you should have no problems on the way.

I know most of this is now irrelevant but if you wanted a quick response you shoulda texted me or something cos I was sick in bed :(
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    I dont think he wanted a quick response, I just dont think he believed me! :)
  • Options
    Bunnie wrote: »
    I dont think he wanted a quick response, I just dont think he believed me! :)
    Damn Tash Boy!
  • Options
    Time for a diagram!

standardsfw8.jpg